Author Topic: ThreadSearch plugin 0.6 release  (Read 16604 times)

Offline dje

• Lives here!
Re: ThreadSearch plugin 0.6 release
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 02:07:50 pm »
then i removed the files
\wx\include\wx\event.h
\wx\src\common\event.cpp
from the source files in the project settings
they are obviously not neccessary for building the plugin
As I often needed to browse events implementation, I put these files in my project and forgot to remove them before delivery.
But I did not include them in build and link processes. They will be removed on next release.

i don't know about any problems with toolbar integration
but it seems basically to work fine.
A wxToolBar will be available to use the ThreadSearch plugin with the search combobox and buttons and the options buttons.
User will choose to use either toolbar or current controls of the ThreadSearch panel or both.
Using toolbar and removing current controls will spare space on the panel.

thx for this fine plugin,
Thanks for writing it  :D

Dje

mariocup

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 03:21:33 pm »
Hi Dje,

you should use the great codesnippets browser for accessing files.
Just add  a codesnippet and convert it to a file link (location of file) event.cpp. Then drag the snippet item in the open file list and it will be opened in codeblocks editor, otherwise the codesnippet editor is used. Try this it is really cool. It works also with other files e.g pdf Files.
Add a file link to pdf file and configure the extension *.pdf in the environment settings (extension handling) then a pdf reader will be opened if you drag the file link to the open file list.

Bye,

Mario

mariocup

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 03:51:19 pm »
(see attachment for details).

As the size of attachment is limited to 192K I had to remove the pics and pdf version is to large. Sorry for that.

I would like to provide the pdf version to the codeblocks coummunity, how can I do that.

Bye,

Mario

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 04:18:47 pm »
Hi Mario !

When I do
Just add  a codesnippet and convert it to a file link (location of file) event.cpp.
It overwrites my file !! (SVN 3989)
I can perform what you say by creating a snippet, right click on properties and click on Link target
I had never used this plugin but it is true it seems very interesting (thanks Pecan)

I would like to provide the pdf version to the codeblocks coummunity, how can I do that.
You should put your file on another server, I use esnips for my deliveries and I am very satisfied (free, easy to use).
I read parts of it and it looks great ! I think you should create a post, as it is quite different from the subject of this one.

Dje

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 04:39:25 pm »
As the size of attachment is limited to 192K I had to remove the pics and pdf version is to large. Sorry for that.

Nice Articles, thanks.

You could upload the pdf to http://savefile.com/ or the like and place a link to the pdf in the wiki.

Or, you could just format and place the whole article in the wiki.

Some recent changes to CodeSnippets allow the user to:
  • Drag'n'Drop on Linux just like MSWindows
  • Convert to FileLink directly from the context menu, not just from the properties dialog
  • You do not have to drag edited FileLinks back from CodeBlocks to CodeSnippets, Because both CodeBlocks and CodeSnippets are linking to the same file. Just do a save after editing.
  • You DO have to drag CodeBlocks edited "text only" snippets back to CodeSnippets if you want the text saved. Or just use cut and paste.
  • Dragging WorkSpace, Projects, or filenames from CodeBlocks over the top of a CodeSnippets tree root or category will create a new FileLink to that file. You then just use properties to rename the new snippet.
    Do this drag relatively slowly so CodeSnippets can see the drag exiting the Opened Files/Management window and have time to create a text/file drag list.
    If CodeSnippets is "docked" in CodeBlocks, drag the items entirely out of CodeBlocks (in order to create the drag exit event), then back around into the docked CodeSnippets window.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:57:31 pm by Pecan »

mariocup

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 04:49:48 pm »
Hi Pecan,

i will try to make a final version of the document next week. I want to add some additional documentation like how to write a wizard script. The documentation is written in tex, so I can generate html, pdf, chm or other formats. It seems that wiki has no clear specification so I can not generate wiki code and have to use copy and paste.
As soon it is available I will add it also to wiki, but I think chm and pdf for download is also nice. I will post the download link next week.

Regards,

Mario

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 12:17:11 pm »
Hi Pecan,

i will try to make a final version of the document next week. I want to add some additional documentation like how to write a wizard script. The documentation is written in tex, so I can generate html, pdf, chm or other formats. It seems that wiki has no clear specification so I can not generate wiki code and have to use copy and paste.
As soon it is available I will add it also to wiki, but I think chm and pdf for download is also nice. I will post the download link next week.

Regards,

Mario

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6159.msg47093.html#msg47093
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...