Author Topic: [wxSmith] wxSmithContribItems not loaded on Mac OS X  (Read 25436 times)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: [wxSmith] wxSmithContribItems not loaded on Mac OS X
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 02:35:26 am »
Still need to fix the bug where the .so module ends up
in the wrong directory. Maybe just "mv" it after install ?

Code
/usr/local/lib/libwxsmith.so
/usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins/libwxsmithcontribitems.so

That won't help much. From what I've read, libtool will store library's path somewhere and won't allow to load from another location :/

I also found out what's the problem with automake. When generating libraries from one Makefile.am, it uses $(libdir) global variable to set output directory for libraries. And despite all those superb functions it has , it won't allow to specify custom dir separately for each library :x.  No problem, only need to mess the source with some another directory, put wxsmithpluginregistrants.cpp into it add another Makefile.am, register it inside main configure.in and maybe it will work.

I'm just annoyed with it, two days lost for searching for such stupid thing...

[UPDATE]: Ok, I've got results: NO WAY, it won't work. Only because libwxsmith is created before libwxsmithlib (what's forced by fact that libwxsmith is in subdirectory and subdirectories are processed first). Enough, 2.30 AM, give up.  I'll waste another day tomorrow by totally reorganizing wxSmith's directory layout just because automake wants so... @#$@#%

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 08:52:22 am »
[UPDATE]: Ok, I've got results: NO WAY, it won't work. Only because libwxsmith is created before libwxsmithlib (what's forced by fact that libwxsmith is in subdirectory and subdirectories are processed first).

That's easy to fix. In Makefile.am, change the SUBDIRS line like from:

Code
SUBDIRS=wxSmithLib

to:

Code
SUBDIRS=. wxSmithLib

Notice the '.' :).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 12:54:21 pm »
[UPDATE]: Ok, I've got results: NO WAY, it won't work. Only because libwxsmith is created before libwxsmithlib (what's forced by fact that libwxsmith is in subdirectory and subdirectories are processed first).

That's easy to fix. In Makefile.am, change the SUBDIRS line like from:

Code
SUBDIRS=wxSmithLib

to:

Code
SUBDIRS=. wxSmithLib

Notice the '.' :).

Looks like it works :D Thanks Boss, you saved my day  8)