Author Topic: How to fix this error message when run Code::Blocks?  (Read 10801 times)

zombaby

How to fix this error message when run Code::Blocks?
« on: July 21, 2005, 06:24:06 pm »
I had read the bottom message and see that my problem is the same as his/her some question but hadn't answered. Abot gotting error message when opening Code::Blocks, it show "Cannot convert from the charset 'XXXX'!"  everytime.  Does anyone can help me how to fix it?
Thanx so much.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 07:24:56 pm »
yipe! That sounds like a difficult one. Which version of codeblocks are you using?
Are you running Linux or Windows? What version / distro?
What version of wxwidgets are you using? if you compiled it yourself or came with linux, did you compile with unicode support? (cb doesn't support unicode yet, sorry). If on linux, did you follow the instructions on the wiki?

Thanks.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 07:32:16 pm »
Sorry about my short detail. I use C::B 1.0 CVS lastest version running on Windows and use wWidgets 2.6.1 with unicode=0.
but when I use C::B binary official it's ok(mean error dialog not show). I don't know why???

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 07:53:01 pm »
Oh, forgot to mention!!

In CVS, you *NEED* to use the VERSION_1.0 branch. HEAD is the unstable branch, to test new features and see the latest bugs :P

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 09:28:52 pm »
OK. I build the VERSION_1_0 branch but it didn't wok.
I try to set regional from my Format&Location(Thai/Thailand) to English(USA)/USA it work, the error message not show.
But the C::B 1.0 final that I dl form this web can use eventhough I use my own Format&Location, English/USA or etc.
I don't know why my build & the web binary is differrent?

Do you think that If I change Format&Location to English/USA before build wxWidgets&C::B, it will work for fixing my problem?
or  anyway to fix it?

darklordsatan

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 09:56:04 pm »
IIRC, the 1.0 final beta is not compiled for unicode support, thats why you're having issues it with, and as you did it now, the best option was to recompile it yourself with unicode support. There is the why of the difference between web version/your compiled version.

Quote from: Guest
Do you think that If I change Format&Location to English/USA before build wxWidgets&C::B, it will work for fixing my problem?
or anyway to fix it?

I thought you fixed it already as you said, didnt you?
In any case, changing the format&location has nothing to do with the compilation, so doing it prior of afterwards in any case wont make any difference at all. It only has to do with the execution of the program and the wxwidgets dlls (probably)
You say you no longer get the error message, but why exactly doesnt it work now?

Cheers

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 10:54:47 pm »
darkloadsatan, I didn't compile unicode wxWidgets coz I know C::B is not support Unicode yet. I did step-by-step from the tutorial.
And now Everything is OK. I change Format&Location to English/USA before build wxWidgets&C::B and it works for fixing my problem. But I don't know why it is the problem.( may some char is set in other language )

Thanx everyone.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 11:09:38 pm »
Agh~~~~~.. when I restart WindowsXP after change Format&Location in regional back to my Language/Country. It still show the error message again.
Now I don't know how to fix it !!!! Help me please!!

darklordsatan

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 11:59:48 pm »
Please, tell me what is the problem you're talking about. You say the error dialog is gone (well its back again but lets skip that for a sec), but you still "don't know why is the problem". What problem??? Ive lost you

And yeah, I forgot (and didnt read rickg22 post either...) that C::B doesnt support unicode yet.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 03:11:09 am »
darklordsatan, I'm talking about my build C::B CVS. It show error dialog "Cannot convert from the charset 'XXXX'!" everytime I open it. I checked that coz Format/Location in regional Setting. My default is Thai/Thailand but when I change to English/USA It's ok( not show ). But the message happend with my build C::B only, but about C::B 1.0final I can use all of regional and don't have error message show. I want to know how to fix it, can you advice me how to fix it??

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 05:25:18 am »
Usually asian characters are unicode. So you have to make sure that they're stored in standard US ASCII so you can work without problems in codeblocks.