Author Topic: Help plugin 1.0 where can I find a help file ???  (Read 9366 times)

philippedawans

Help plugin 1.0 where can I find a help file ???
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:30:44 pm »
Hello, I am a beginner and I don't find where downloading a help file or how to add a help file so that when I press "F1" I have information on conio.h for example. I know I have to configure Help plugin 1.0 but I need a help file.

Could you please guide me ??? thanks ;)

Offline raph

• Almost regular
Re: Help plugin 1.0 where can I find a help file ???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 11:30:24 am »
You probably want this: http://onnerby.se/~daniel/chm/
The CppReference.com helpfile contains a reference to the c++ introduced classes, the manpages helpfile the c functions.
I suggest to use the combined CHM download which combines the two helpfiles.

philippedawans

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 07:50:27 pm »
Ok thanks

I tried, I went to "Settings/Environment/Help files, then I clic on add, then I entered a name for the new help file, and when the questions :

"Would you like to browse for the help file?
(Check "Help->Plugins->Help plugin" for a reason you would like to choose No)"

is asked, I choose "yes" I choose the "manpages.chm" or "cpp.chm", or "combined.chm" file BUT nothing happens when I go then to the menu "Help/namefilechoosed"

I don't understand how it is possible to use codeblocks without knowing information on conio or anything else like in visualC++ for example

Thank you for your answer

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:10:57 pm »
Just point to the keyword you want to get help about in the editor and either rightclick -> locate in -> locate in [your name] or - if you have setup the helpfile as default one - press F1. So you will get information about the keyword under the cursor (which can be anything). If the keyword is in the searchindex of the helpfile, the right topic should open.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 08:19:12 pm by raph »

philippedawans

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 03:02:54 pm »
thanks I progress but now the problem is that your file.chm is not "openable" I use by default the program "gedit" to open it but it doesn't work

What program do You use pleae
thanks

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 04:30:46 pm »
Ah, you aren't using msw :)
Under linux it's a bit more complicated since chm files aren't supported natively.
Maybe find a chm-helpfile-viewer and study its parameters (search for a jump-to-topic param and add $(keyword)).
Haven't tried it under linux, yet, sorry :(