Author Topic: The 06 April 2007 build is out.  (Read 24264 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Re: The 06 April 2007 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 12:39:21 am »
   Also, with wxSmith, when I try to run an older program (after recompiling successfully), I get an error telling me:

"Invalid XRC resource file 'file:/C%3A/development/projects/software/ ... /editAcctdialog.wxs': doesn't have root node 'resource'

That's an odd file location (the %3A).  I don't know why, but at least 2 of my projects give the same error.  I have on that seems to work fine.  When was the last time wxSmith was updated/changed?  I know a newer version was in the works, but has it been applied to CB yet?

Other than that.  I like the latest build so far.  Keep up the good work.
jmccay

Uhmm, this looks really strange for me. wxSmith should never have file names stored in form 'file:/...', and this %3A seems to be some result of XML string conversion. Could you open project's .cbp file in some text editor, search for <wxsmith> node and see if there are some invalid enteries in form of 'file:/C%3A/..." ? Correcting these values should fix the problem.

Regards
  BYO
Doesn't look like there is.  I will have to look into it further.

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline darthdespotism

• Almost regular
    • Coder's Nemesis
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 07:27:31 pm »
I have another Problem with this Nightly, wich also was present on 1 of April / 31 of March:

Using Ubuntu 6.10 CB freezes the X-Server on any Drag'n'Drop - operation leaving only to restart with CTRL+ALT+Backspace

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 07:35:23 pm »
Using Ubuntu 6.10 CB freezes the X-Server on any Drag'n'Drop - operation leaving only to restart with CTRL+ALT+Backspace

This is a known wxGTK bug which has been fixed in wxGTK 2.8.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline darthdespotism

• Almost regular
    • Coder's Nemesis
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 09:03:22 pm »
Is there a chance that I get this soon with the Updates or should I install it manually?

How do I make CB use wxGTK 2.8?
I installed it now on my System but CB stil uses wxGTK2.6
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:21:11 pm by darthdespotism »

Flavor

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 10:55:59 pm »
Hello there!
First: Great Work!

OK, I have a little question about the Windows version:
Everytime I use the normal Shortcuts for Copy, Cut and Paste (Ctrl-C, X, V) the whole line is used instead of just the marked part.
After setting the shortcuts for these functions manually in the options dialog they work without problems.
In my old version of CodeBlocks (3542) I did not have to do that. And I think, thats the usual thing you woud expect. Or is it menat as a new feature?

Yeah, I just noticed this problem, myself.  It's rather annoying.  I assume it's an unintentional bug.

Thanks for the tip on how to fix it in the settings.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 01:30:01 am »
Hello there!

Everytime I use the normal Shortcuts for Copy, Cut and Paste (Ctrl-C, X, V) the whole line is used instead of just the marked part.
After setting the shortcuts for these functions manually in the options dialog they work without problems.
In my old version of CodeBlocks (3542) I did not have to do that. And I think, thats the usual thing you woud expect. Or is it menat as a new feature?

Yeah, I just noticed this problem, myself.  It's rather annoying.  I assume it's an unintentional bug.

Delete cbKeyBinder10.ini in your codeblocks data directory.
The menu structrure has changed.

Flavor

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 05:10:05 pm »
Hello there!

Hmm, I don't see this file anywhere.  Should it be in
"C:\Documents and Settings\username\.CodeBlocks" ?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 06:07:26 pm »
Hello there!

Hmm, I don't see this file anywhere.  Should it be in
"C:\Documents and Settings\username\.CodeBlocks" ?

More like:
c:\Documents and Settings\Pecan\Application Data\codeblocks\cbKeyBinder10.ini

If you don't have the file, then you must not be running KeyBinder plugin.

You must then have some other problem.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:09:28 pm by Pecan »