Author Topic: Code Blocks Platform  (Read 6969 times)

wxjunky

Code Blocks Platform
« on: April 05, 2007, 04:10:00 am »
Greetings!! I am very interested in CB and it's plugin architecture. I was wondering if you guys are planning on doing something like a code blocks platform that allows someone to reuse your existing platform and extend it to their likes by using plugins, so of like netbeans platform and eclipse rcp?

Thanks for your time and Code Blocks is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code Blocks Platform
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:35:27 am »
(does not even understand the question)  Uh... no?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

wxjunky

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 11:37:25 am »
Check this out http://www.netbeans.org/products/platform/

Just being able to build on top of CB platform and create new applications.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:37:29 pm »
(still does not understand the question)  Uh... no?

Although you can certainly do that already, I don't see why anybody would want to do it. It does not make sense. There are easier and more efficient ways of building general-purpose applications than writing plugins for an IDE.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 06:11:26 pm »
wxWidgets is sort of a platform, and Code::Blocks uses it for the GUI
And if you are building applications, you can use it (wxWidgets) too...

Offline JSThePatriot

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Vortex Revolutions - IT Consulting
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:21:20 am »
Greetings!! I am very interested in CB and it's plugin architecture. I was wondering if you guys are planning on doing something like a code blocks platform that allows someone to reuse your existing platform and extend it to their likes by using plugins, so of like netbeans platform and eclipse rcp?

Thanks for your time and Code Blocks is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Code::Blocks is based from wxWidgets, and Scintilla's code. So essentially it is already using everyone else's platform. I suppose if you further wanted to dilute it you could take the source code, and make some application that you have decided this would be good for. Otherwise I am with everyone else as to why/what you are asking.

JS