Author Topic: Code::Blocks CVS-bin snapshot  (Read 43340 times)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Code::Blocks CVS-bin snapshot
« on: July 15, 2005, 10:20:56 am »
Well, I just wanted to share my CVS build of Code::Blocks for those who wanna give it a try.

It's a 7-Zip compressed file (PowerArchiver can decompress that) and is the build of 14-Jul-2005 CVS HEAD (the one that uses wxDockIt).

I also added a slightly modified version of the help_plugin that makes it work just as launcher for HLP and CHM files.

It also includes the MinGW runtime DLL and wxWidgets 2.6.1 Patch01 DLLs.

Code::Blocks executable, DLL, wxWidgets DLLs and some other DLLs are compressed with UPX --best.

I hope you enjoy it :)

Oh, right, the link: here

Once again, it's the .7z (the ZIP astyle files there are already in cvs).

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 11:40:05 am »
Thanks for sharing, I hope you have just started a tradition, haven't you? :)

I also added a slightly modified version of the help_plugin that makes it work just as launcher for HLP and CHM files.

I have slightly different version of this plugin, that lets you (under RMB) locate keywords in these help files. What happened to this functionality in your version?

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 11:43:02 am »
What happened to this functionality in your version?

It was giving me problems so I decided to change it to something that would work. For example it was unable to open HLP files and also had problems with CHM ones.

Offline squizzz

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 11:44:27 am »
I think session expires way too fast. :)
It was me...

It was giving me problems so I decided to change it to something that would work. For example it was unable to open HLP files and also had problems with CHM ones.

So I wasn't the only one... Mine was crashing while using with *.chm files, but worked fine with *.hlp (now I found out reason to crash was that it silently changed correct path to a file that didn't exist). But now it correctly locates keywords in both...
this space is for rent

darklordsatan

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 11:58:33 am »
Thanks for the share ceniza, really cool, and I hope it would become the tradition as squizzz said, at least until official snapshots are made in a regular basis (although they would be source  snaps, so perhaps you could take care of binaries...)

Quote from: squizzz
I think session expires way too fast. :)
It was me...

Maybe you should use the "remember me" feature?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 12:07:22 pm »
@ceniza: If you made any changes to the help_plugin that you 'd like to share, please do ;)
Even better, if you want to maintain the help_plugin...

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline kagerato

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • kagerato.net
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 10:11:58 pm »
Thank you for this build, Ceniza.  I've been looking to try some of the updates made after finalbeta but often it seems like too much trouble to login to CVS and compile the code myself.

As for the Code::Blocks crew, good work.  Keep it up; I get the feeling this IDE may eventually put several commercial solutions to utter shame.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 12:12:23 am »
Well, I could be uploading working snapshots every now and then if I have the time. I could delete the binary builds of Dev-C++ from there so I'd get more space for Code::Blocks :wink:

About the help_plugin... well, I just changed it so instead of using wxWidgets classes for help files it'd just call hh.exe for CHM and winhlp32.exe for HLP thru wxExecute (more like a call_external_program plugin).

I'll think about maintaining it, I must test some things first.

[edit]
Ok, I just finished removing things in there (about 150MiB) and now it has 817MiB free so it wouldn't be a problem to host them there, even though it's a shared space, but still more than enough.

I'll upload another build when the "compile single file" bug be fixed, soon I hope.

Oh, I'm still thinking... haven't tested yet...
[/edit]

Offline ironhead

• Almost regular
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 04:33:15 am »
Thanx for the CVS snapshot (saves me compiling)! :)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 10:32:59 am »
Many thanks, this is great.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 11:25:22 am »
Ok, now that I fixed the bug of "Compile Current File" (workaround for consideration to get in CVS, at least partially, I hope) I upload another binary snapshot.

This new snapshot includes the original help_plugin (which isn't launching HLP files here) and requires the wxWidgets and MinGW runtime DLLs from the first one, so it's more like an update.

Feel free to check the link every now and then for more updates (don't start thinking it'll be daily) since I won't post about them anymore in the forums (well, that's the idea).

If you're wondering where's the link, it's in the first post.

It's slowly getting there but should be completely uploaded in a few minutes (two bandwidth suckers running ATM a.k.a. P2P clients).

Offline kagerato

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • kagerato.net
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 01:06:25 am »
http://gda.utp.edu.co appears to be down (temporary outage, one would imagine) as of 7/17/05 19:05 EDT.  That's all right, though; mandrav keeps hinting that the next release is coming up soon.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 08:06:57 am »
Quote from: kagerato
http://gda.utp.edu.co appears to be down

It's up now. I checked earlier and the server was online but Apache wasn't running. They were running an apt-get upgrade, for what I saw, so Apache was temporarily down.

Bourricot

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 01:20:12 pm »
to Mandrav : you can suppress my write access to the help plugin CVS.
No time to maintain it, no net @ home... :'(

Bourricot.

zieQ

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 01:56:44 pm »
Quote from: Ceniza
About the help_plugin... well, I just changed it so instead of using wxWidgets classes for help files it'd just call hh.exe for CHM and winhlp32.exe for HLP thru wxExecute (more like a call_external_program plugin).

Just for information, I think that instead of shell executing "hh.exe", "winhlp32.exe" or whatever, you could shell execute the name of the file, e.g. "codeblocks.hlp". The associated executable will then automatically launch ! (I mean, at least on windows). Easier, friendlier and more portable :wink: Give it a try on a command shell  :wink: