Author Topic: Missing Build-Target List?  (Read 3920 times)

andrejkw

Missing Build-Target List?
« on: March 27, 2007, 09:07:02 pm »
Hello there,

I am new here. :D However, I discovered Code::Blocks about a month ago and I think it's simply amazing. I haven't had one issue with it, except for this weird abnormality, which I am about to post about. I am running Code::Blocks on Ubuntu and on Windows. On Ubuntu, there's a special menu in the toolbar, which allows you to select the Build Target (Release, Debug, ...). However my Windows Code::Blocks doesn't have this list. I decided to investigate a little more, and after searching, I discovered the screenshots page on the Code::Blocks site. After looking at the SVN Code::Blocks screenshot taken on Windows, it appears to have this Build-Target list also. I am quite unsure about what's going on. I discovered an option "View -> Toolbars -> Compiler". However it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

As for my system specifications, I am running Windows Vista with all the updates.

Thanks,
Ondrej

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: Missing Build-Target List?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:17:04 pm »
I discovered an option "View -> Toolbars -> Compiler". However it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
This is the correct toolbar, normally containing a set of five buttons relating to the build process and the Build target dropdown.

If it's become totally lost somehow, you might try resetting Code::Blocks' configuration to see if you can get it to reappear. Find your Code::Blocks config file, usually named "default.conf" and residing in "Application Data\codeblocks" in your user directory, and rename it to something else to force C::B to create a new one.

If this works, you can then reapply all your preferences by hand in C::B, or try restoring the old config file and editing/deleting the layout section.

If it doesn't work, there's a bug somewhere in C::B or wxWidgets -- and the odds are that it's Vista-related.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:19:33 pm by TDragon »
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 10:12:45 pm »
Probably your layout got screwed up somehow. Just click the menu "View->Layouts->Delete current" and everything should be back to normal.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

andrejkw

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 11:18:07 pm »
Awesome! :D I didn't even know that the configuration file existed. I opened the file up, looked up "Compiler Toolbar" and changed pos=... to pos=0. And now the toolbar is back. Thanks for all of your help. Also, are there any Code Highlighter styles that I can download? The default one is a bit weird.