Author Topic: The 15 March 2007 build is out.  (Read 20121 times)

ascxaxsvcbsxbbqvcxqsbcvxs

Re: The 15 March 2007 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 01:32:36 pm »
@manmach: i agree with you.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 01:56:47 pm »
Hello,

Same problem here.
I am on Windows 2000 sp4.
I have simply created a Console Application (GNU GCC Compiler and C++) project on my Desktop and press F9 in order to compile and launch it.
I have the following message:
Checking for existence: C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Bureau\Test\bin\Debug\Test.exe
Executing: xterm -T 'Test' -e 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH "C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Bureau\Test\bin\Debug\Test.exe"  (in C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Bureau\Test\.)
Execution of 'xterm -T 'Test' -e 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH "C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Bureau\Test\bin\Debug\Test.exe" ' in 'C:\Documents and Settings\PC\Bureau\Test' failed.
Nothing to be done.

I have also tried from another location than windows desktop and I have the same problem.
Checking for existence: D:\Test\bin\Debug\Test.exe
Executing: xterm -T 'Test' -e 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH "D:\Test\bin\Debug\Test.exe"  (in D:\Test\.)
Execution of 'xterm -T 'Test' -e 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH "D:\Test\bin\Debug\Test.exe" ' in 'D:\Test' failed.
Nothing to be done.

I am waiting for the next build.
Thanks in advance for the correction and have a nice day.

Yes, there is a problem in this build and the current platform is not recognized correctly in some places. You can easily tell by looking that it's trying to execute xterm (a unix program) in windows2000...
We are currently looking into this and will soon fix it.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline nenin

• Almost regular
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 02:08:17 pm »
Debuger still does not working on Win2k.    :( It can be hacked by replacement of current debugger.dll with one from svn3677.
It could be nice, but it does not work for me (don't know why). Debbugger toolbar is not displayed (though checked). Debugger menu is there, but if I start a debugging session, program goes to its end successfully, but I'm not able to have a line by line execution, I'm not able to set breakpoint,...
With a full 3677 version, it's OK!

gd_on

I had installed all newest mingw stuff (including gcc 4.1.2). You should not use gcc 4.1.2 but you can try to update your mingw installation like it proposed here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,5282.msg41081.html#msg41081

Bug with  Execution of 'xterm... confirmed. Funny, it is not present in debug mode- only in plain "run"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 02:12:10 pm by nenin »

dr snuggles

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 02:36:13 pm »
I don't know exactly when or why this was changed, but I noticed that on many settings dialogs a listbox has been introduced to switch to a different set of settings. For instance, on the compiler and debuger settings dialogbox, there is one to select linker settings, or toolchain executables.
There are lots of usability items to fix, but I think most of us prefer that the most important bugs get hunted :).

Offline klight

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 02:53:18 pm »
RE: settings dialogs listbox

I find this a step backwards from the tabbed design. It now takes two clicks to navigate. One to make the listbox drop down and one to select the proper topic, instead of the one it used to take to select the right tab.

+1 for reverting this feature to tabs.  The tabs seem much easier to use.

Offline skirby

• Almost regular
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 04:11:23 pm »
I find Tabs were easier to use too but if developers have done this they probably have their reason.

We will get used to this new interface.

Offline manmach

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 09:35:55 am »
I find Tabs were easier to use too but if developers have done this they probably have their reason.

We will get used to this new interface.

One can get used to almost anything. That does not mean one should.

If the developers have made something harder on purpose, they must have a good explanation for it and no doubt they would be willing to share this.

Of course fixing more serious bugs should have their priority, but they appeared to find it a priority too to change this part of the interface, even if it did not appear to be broken. In fact, one might argue it is now.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 10:02:06 am »
Of course fixing more serious bugs should have their priority, but they appeared to find it a priority too to change this part of the interface, even if it did not appear to be broken. In fact, one might argue it is now.

This is quite wrong. Please have a look at the last couple of weeks nightly. You'll find we're regularly fixing bugs.

The problem is a bug may be fixed by writing one line of code, but to find out where that one line fits is a tedious job. That's one of the reasons, you don't see huge number of fixes everyday.

Just to give you one small info, next nightly will come with at least 3 bug-fixes, so far and you may expect more. I think now you should stop complaining that we're not fixing bugs.

Regards,

Biplab
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline manmach

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 11:06:51 am »

This is quite wrong. Please have a look at the last couple of weeks nightly. You'll find we're regularly fixing bugs.

The problem is a bug may be fixed by writing one line of code, but to find out where that one line fits is a tedious job. That's one of the reasons, you don't see huge number of fixes everyday.

Just to give you one small info, next nightly will come with at least 3 bug-fixes, so far and you may expect more. I think now you should stop complaining that we're not fixing bugs.

Regards,

Biplab

What is quite wrong? Who said bugs are not being fixed?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 11:15:12 am »
What is quite wrong?

See your comment in following line.
Of course fixing more serious bugs should have their priority, ...

I wanted to point out that fixing bugs is still a top priority for us.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline manmach

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 12:21:54 pm »
What is quite wrong?

See your comment in following line.
Of course fixing more serious bugs should have their priority, ...

I wanted to point out that fixing bugs is still a top priority for us.

And nobody is disagreeing or complaining. If you read that line again, and put it in the context of the preceding lines, you will see it does not say nobody is fixing bugs. It is a confirmation of the fact that fixing some bugs is more important than fixing others.

Don't accuse people of saying things they never said. That is rude. I am inclined to believe your mistake is an honest one if English is not your primary language (neither is mine by the way), and if that is the case, you should be even more careful of accusing people.

So just to make sure we understand each other:
1. I like Codeblocks.
2. I appreciate the work the developers are doing.
3. I especially like the way they are fixing bugs, adding improvements and making them available on an almost daily basis.
4. I think the change I mentioned was not an improvement, as apparently so do others.
5. The part that changed did not appear to be broken, but since someone gave it priority, that would suggest there might have been a reason to change it. I am curious why.
6. No one said bugs are not being fixed.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 04:13:25 pm by manmach »