Author Topic: Code completion library?  (Read 5642 times)

Kreso

Code completion library?
« on: March 15, 2007, 11:51:27 am »
C++ code completion has so far been a big problem for all C++ IDE I've ever seen. It doesn't even work in VC++ as it's supposed to?

So, my 'suggestion', and that is strictly IMHO, is to write a code completion library, something similar to CTags, which would have a simple to use api and being a stand-alone project, it could have a lot of contributors, an could quickly develop to be very fast and usable.

That way, every IDE can use that library to everyone's benefit;

I'm not sure if this is the best way to approach this issue, this is just an idea I had.
If enough interest is shown, I'd be very interested to start a new GPL project and start working on the project.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Code completion library?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 01:02:42 pm »
C++ code completion has so far been a big problem for all C++ IDE I've ever seen. It doesn't even work in VC++ as it's supposed to?

So, my 'suggestion', and that is strictly IMHO, is to write a code completion library, something similar to CTags, which would have a simple to use api and being a stand-alone project, it could have a lot of contributors, an could quickly develop to be very fast and usable.

That way, every IDE can use that library to everyone's benefit;

I'm not sure if this is the best way to approach this issue, this is just an idea I had.
If enough interest is shown, I'd be very interested to start a new GPL project and start working on the project.

Search the forum for cTags. There was, some time back, a project to do as you described.

Kreso

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 01:09:35 pm »
thanks; looks promising

Kreso

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 10:00:45 pm »
so, wat is the s-tatus of this ctags plugin; is it going te be releasod anytime soon?