Author Topic: About black lines after folded block  (Read 11183 times)

Offline courage

• Multiple posting newcomer
About black lines after folded block
« on: March 14, 2007, 02:33:58 pm »
I have a little suggestion. EMACS uses "..." at the line of folded block and I think it looks clearly.
Could we use "..." instead of black lines?  :)
Maybe we could add an option set to choice to use or not use lines or ellipsis.

ascxaxsvcbsxbbqvcxqsbcvxs

Re: About black lines after folded block
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 02:43:46 pm »
Maybe we could add an option set to choice to use or not use lines or ellipsis.

futhermore, on the settings panel for Folding, there are lot of free space for adding new options  :wink:

Offline saddam le pion

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:40:43 pm »
The black lines annoy me too.

Offline foldingBLACKlinesSUCK

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 09:04:31 pm »
Too late, I started a thread already, cast your vote, Get this thread locked... So dev's/mods donot get annoyed!

Please DONOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD, use the one with a poll!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 09:19:02 pm by foldingBLACKlinesSUCK »

Offline courage

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 01:43:20 am »
Too late, I started a thread already, cast your vote, Get this thread locked... So dev's/mods donot get annoyed!

I think that maybe your wording is a little rough in your request.
Would you please be more humble? :)

Offline foldingBLACKlinesSUCK

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 08:00:21 pm »

I think that maybe your wording is a little rough in your request.
Would you please be more humble? :)

(:-B) It's been done! YEAH!

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 12:46:12 pm »

This bothers me:
Sombody is very loud, less humble and has succes to change less important things with a few posts. Others,
who have friendly asked for improvements like w2k-debugging, better codecompletion and correction of many other bugs may wait...  :(

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 01:49:34 pm »

This bothers me:
Sombody is very loud, less humble and has succes to change less important things with a few posts. Others,
who have friendly asked for improvements like w2k-debugging, better codecompletion and correction of many other bugs may wait...  :(

Instead of being bothered you should first understand what happened:
Some other developer, not part of our team, kindly provided a patch directly to that guy who keeps shouting for no apparent reason. This means that the user now has to apply the patch to our sources and build C::B for himself as we haven't incorporated the said patch in our repository (and we probably will not do so).
That's what he means by "it's been done".

Now, if you still want to be bothered about this, feel free to do so. This is open source. Various patches exist all over the place. Others make it into our repository, while others don't. You will just have to live with that fact.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 02:13:11 pm »
This bothers me:

As Mandrav has already explained what exactly happened, so I'm not explaining it to you.

If you look into Nightly Release changelogs, you'll come to know that we're actually working towards fixing as many bugs as possible. Bug hunting is tedious job. After a lot of hard work you'll get to know why that bug is appearing. So sometimes, it takes lot of time to find out and then get fixed.

Regards,

Biplab :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

wxLearner

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 02:26:44 pm »

This bothers me:

Sorry, if I bothered you or someone else. You're right, not being humble shouldn't be honored. I just wanted to point out, that this issue is very easy to fix, so if someone wants to modify the appeareance of folded code, he/she can do it him/herself.
I don't think, it's good to use unofficial patches (at least not in the long term) for features, the Code::Blocks team is working on, like codecompletion or debugging, because it's better to encounter and report issues, that relate to an official version.

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 02:42:07 pm »
Instead of being bothered you should first understand what happened:
Some other developer, not part of our team, kindly provided a ...

It was not my intension to blame you, one of the hard working developers (good job!) or the one who has applied the patch.

My comment was more oriented to the loudly thread from 'foldingBlackLinesSuck', you have closed. If you feels angry anymore, please accept this as exculpation.

I tried to resolve the problems i described, but the project is too complex for the little spare time i have at the moment. I need the improvements urgently for doing my job, as others too. Especial the w2k debugging item and the problem with wrong variable expansion while rebuilding complete workspaces. I hope, that someone will fix that in near future, i will revenge with some help in a few weeks.

ascxaxsvcbsxbbqvcxqsbcvxs

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 02:43:27 pm »
@wxLearner: i think i forgot to tell you that your patch is great! even if it was easy.

BTW i recently noticed that several bugs and feature requests exists about the folding, since more than 3 years ago!

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 02:44:13 pm »
IMO, if this patch works and a large number of users wants this, then I would request you to follow the cycle.

1. Please inform the Scintilla Developer(s) about the problem and the patch.
2. Once it's been accepted by them it will also come in wxScintilla.
3. At the end of the cycle, C::B will be updated (not immediately) after wxScintilla is updated.

I agree it may take time but it's a better way to avoid unnecessary headache of supporting other developer's code.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 02:45:37 pm »
As Mandrav has already explained what exactly happened, so I'm not explaining it to you.

Thanks for your friendly reply and the rising hope :P

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 02:57:47 pm »
Sorry, if I bothered you or someone else. You're right, not being humble shouldn't be honored....

Before further misunderstandings happens:
In no case i'm bothered by you or some of the developers! You all have my full respect.

(booah, what a wave i have done...) :oops: