Author Topic: Importing Visual Studio projects and want libs to automatically import.  (Read 9711 times)

Offline indigo0086

• Almost regular
I'm studying some example programs provided with a book on OpenGL and the examples were made with Visual Studio.  I can import the projects just fine and it has all the include paths, but the problem is the libraries.  I have to manually add the opengl Libraries to each project I use.  Is there a way to reduce the constant adding of these libraries and just have them automatically show up for when I import projects?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
I'm studying some example programs provided with a book on OpenGL and the examples were made with Visual Studio.  I can import the projects just fine and it has all the include paths, but the problem is the libraries.  I have to manually add the opengl Libraries to each project I use.  Is there a way to reduce the constant adding of these libraries and just have them automatically show up for when I import projects?

Yes, zip and attach one such project (*.vcproj) here so we can have a look on importing it.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline indigo0086

• Almost regular
Well I can import it, but the build options are specific to msvc, the linker options don't have the opengl libs that I need in them.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline indigo0086

• Almost regular
Well, before I was opening the visual studio projects (which CB automatically recognizes) and those weren't set up for glib.  I then opened the .vcproj fil and it has the libraries set up sans gdi32.  Oddly CB isn't in the file associations in the environment settings.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Well, before I was opening the visual studio projects (which CB automatically recognizes) and those weren't set up for glib.  I then opened the .vcproj fil and it has the libraries set up sans gdi32.  Oddly CB isn't in the file associations in the environment settings.

I didn't understand a thing of what you said...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline indigo0086

• Almost regular
*sigh*

Okay, in that file I gave, there is a visual C++ workspace and project (*.dsw, *.dsp) and visual studio solution and project files (.sln, *.vcproj).  Now if you go to he environment options in CodeBlocks and click on the manage files, only the .dsp and .dsw files can be associated with CB, not the Visual Studio files.

Now Based off those associations I opened the .dsp and it opened all the files fine but without the lib files that I need for an opengl project to work.

Offline indigo0086

• Almost regular
er um...so what's the verdict?