Author Topic: wxSmith does not build for MacOSX at rev 3663  (Read 22121 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: wxSmith does not build for MacOSX at rev 3663
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 06:38:20 pm »
I think ::wxDirSelector() is defined in wxbase. But why C::B is throwing this error? It is not used by Code::Blocks. A quick search among project files yields no result. :)

The plugins use it, and he's linking them against a static wxWidgets.
Won't ever work. Both CB and the plugins use the dynamic libs.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 07:00:03 pm »

Hmm.. Found two plugins are using it. 1. Devpak plugin and 2. Lib finder plugin

But, IMHO they should be called in a better way. No parent frame has been specified which may produce [Bug #10666] blocked application in some cases. :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 07:05:25 pm by Biplab »
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 11:50:24 pm »
I think ::wxDirSelector() is defined in wxbase. But why C::B is throwing this error? It is not used by Code::Blocks. A quick search among project files yields no result. :)

Ok so i was right... will try that (i had been reluctant to do it since building wx takes awfully long on my slow computer but now i have no choice anyway ;) )

The Mac OS X build instructions seemed to imply somewhere that static build would be okay too. I will clarify them if my dynamic build works

EDIT: I built dynamic.
Making all in lib_finder
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
wxDirSelector(wxString const&, wxString const&, long, wxPoint const&, wxWindow*)

:?

EDIT2:
i was using --with-wxconfig= to make it point to my dynamic wx build... by looking at lib finder's makefile it seems like custom wx-config files are not always considered... *sigh* i completely uninstalled static, am trying a clean build hopefully that can work

EDIT3:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
wxRect2DInt::operator=(wxRect2DInt const&)
wxStringBase::npos
wxStringBase::InitWith(char const*, unsigned long, unsigned long)
wxThread::TestDestroy()
wxThread::~wxThread()
typeinfo for wxThread
_wxEmptyString
wxGetLocale()
wxFontBase::~wxFontBase()
wxSpinCtrl::SetValue(int)
wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent&)
wxEvtHandler::DoSetClientData(void*)

:?
i think im giving up
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:00:45 am by Auria »

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 12:09:53 pm »
I couldn't reproduce the build problems, rev 3737 built OK using wxWidgets 2.6.3p2 (unicode/dynamic)
This was using the procedure outlined in the Wiki, with the Makefiles patched to include the wx libs...

http://www.algonet.se/~afb/wx/codeblocks-rev3656_pluginslib.patch (this workaround will go away soon,
once the configure/Makefiles are educated about differences between different wxWidgets platforms...)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:11:54 pm by afb »

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 12:14:20 pm »
The Mac OS X build instructions seemed to imply somewhere that static build would be okay too. I will clarify them if my dynamic build works

I have both of them installed, but am usually using the dynamic libraries...
Normally just relink the "wx-config" symlink to point at the one I want to use.

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 12:38:32 pm »
I've created small temporary patch which may give me some info on what's going on on Mac.
It adds some description text ("Timer refresh" / "OnPaint refresh" / "Fast refresh") when painting editor's data and also adds timer which force refresh each 5 seconds.

Hmm, I think I applied the patch but still can't see any text in wxSmith.

The widgets appear when first loading, and when dragging something:

But when you click in the window, it goes all white (widgets disappear)

The property window and bottom panel still shows OK, just a bit hard to select the right widget...

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 09:44:23 pm »
I couldn't reproduce the build problems, rev 3737 built OK using wxWidgets 2.6.3p2 (unicode/dynamic)
This was using the procedure outlined in the Wiki, with the Makefiles patched to include the wx libs...

http://www.algonet.se/~afb/wx/codeblocks-rev3656_pluginslib.patch (this workaround will go away soon,
once the configure/Makefiles are educated about differences between different wxWidgets platforms...)

Patch is applied though many files have failed to be applied. I'm sure i have Unix line endings.

I think i'll wait until makefiles are fixed before trying again.

Offline Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Firebird - The RDBMS that's going where you're going
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 01:43:30 pm »
Patch is applied though many files have failed to be applied. I'm sure i have Unix line endings.

It's not hard to edit 6 Makefile.am files ( which files are take a look here http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,5484.msg42566.html#msg42566 ) and add $(WX_LIBS) into the proper place ....

At least this is what i have done as i was/am impatient to see Codeblocks on Mac OS X .... ;)

C Y
--- The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success. ---

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 03:36:39 pm »
At least this is what i have done as i was/am impatient to see Codeblocks on Mac OS X .... ;)

If you just want to see Code::Blocks, then why not download the "nightly" builds instead ?

Not that we mind people compiling their own and helping out with the development, but...

Offline Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Firebird - The RDBMS that's going where you're going
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 04:25:15 pm »

If you just want to see Code::Blocks, then why not download the "nightly" builds instead ?

I wasn't aware that a "nightly" build for Mac OS X exist. As for the word "see" i used it wrong, or you misunderastand.

I want to test if a project can be ported to Codeblocks at least for the three platforms i care. Mac OS X, Linux, Win32/64, so i want to track Mac OS X changes as i'm doing for the other two. Every day checkout, build test cycle...

Sorry if i produced too much "noise" .... I'll be more quiet from now on.

regards,
--- The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success. ---

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 08:03:27 pm »
I wasn't aware that a "nightly" build for Mac OS X exist. As for the word "see" i used it wrong, or you misunderastand.

What I meant was that if you just want to use Code::Blocks, as opposed to compile it and tweak with the internals, then you can download binaries from BerliOS at:

http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5358

I try to update them at least monthly, but it should get better when migrated to wxWidgets 2.6.4 and when the build scripts are fixed to be more automatic and requiring less patches.

Sorry if i produced too much "noise" .... I'll be more quiet from now on.

Not at all, please continue! The Mac OS X port is a bit rough, so it needs as much help and feedback as it can get. But the Makefiles and the xterm-vs-Terminal.app issue are soon gone.

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 04:43:56 pm »

It's not hard to edit 6 Makefile.am files ( which files are take a look here http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,5484.msg42566.html#msg42566 ) and add $(WX_LIBS) into the proper place ....

C Y

You're right! Though i had a few dozens files to edit and not 6, but finally it's built and running.

But... i still get this:
ERROR: /usr/local/bin/../share/codeblocks/plugins/libastyle.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)
ERROR: /usr/local/bin/../share/codeblocks/plugins/libautosave.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)
ERROR: /usr/local/bin/../share/codeblocks/plugins/libbyogames.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)
ERROR: /usr/local/bin/../share/codeblocks/plugins/libcb_koders.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)
ERROR: /usr/local/bin/../share/codeblocks/plugins/libclasswizard.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)

no idea what's wrong  :(

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 12:57:26 am »
The Makefiles are updated in SVN now. For the load error, I suggest uninstalling/cleaning/rebuilding/reinstalling ?

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 06:04:33 pm »
The Makefiles are updated in SVN now. For the load error, I suggest uninstalling/cleaning/rebuilding/reinstalling ?

Okay it builds and opens fine! thanks for the great work

Unfortunately, the new project wizards don't quite work: they are empty (show no option, only the blue picture on the left and no other fields)

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 10:41:37 pm »
Unfortunately, the new project wizards don't quite work: they are empty (show no option, only the blue picture on the left and no other fields)

Which wizard is this ? (do you have a screenshot ?)

I tested these as OK:
  • Console application
  • D application
  • SDL project
  • GLUT project