Author Topic: wxSmith problem with menus inside xrc  (Read 10874 times)

Offline Russell

• Multiple posting newcomer
wxSmith problem with menus inside xrc
« on: March 04, 2007, 04:20:53 am »
In the latest nightlys, wxSmith does not like wxMenu being in a wxMenuBar inside an xrc file, yet it complains that it should be in there.

Offline Russell

Re: wxSmith problem with menus inside xrc
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:32:51 am »
Some other things I've noticed are:
1) Should toolbars/menus/status bars be shown when clicked on the preview form button?
2) When changing a value (such as Border) in the object properties and then clicking on another control, it doesn't change
3) Cut/copy/paste operations via ctrl-c/ctrl-v/ctrl-x don't work (I think this is an actual cb problem though)
4) Would it be a good idea to move controls around via the object inspector/resource tab thing aswell?
5) When a sizer is in wxVERTICAL orientation, moving a control (like moving a control up) inside the sizer shows only the blue horizontal colouring placement thing.
6) The list of wxArtProvider images for say a toolbar/bitmapbutton item is incomplete, a full list of them is available here: wxwidgets_dir\include\wx\artprov.h
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:52:12 pm by Russell »

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:03:40 pm »
Thanks for feedback. I'll fix hem as soon as possible :)

Offline Russell

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:49:24 pm »
No problem :)

I found another couple of bugs/issues:
7) When editing a menu/toolbar/whatever and then clicking ok, closing the wxSmith dialog window and selecting 'no' to NOT save changes will crash cb
8) When clicking ok on a menu/toolbar editing window, it will already mark the changes in cb, even if no changes have been made.

If I find any more bugs, I'll post them here.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 09:56:31 pm by Russell »

Offline Russell

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 08:36:20 pm »
hi, anything happening? ;)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 12:48:30 am »
hi, anything happening? ;)

Currently I have limited access to pc and internet, next week should be much more promising :)

Offline Russell

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 07:28:58 am »
cool, looking forward to it :)

Offline Russell

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 11:04:06 pm »
I found an improvement that could be made.

If you create a new empty file with codeblocks and then save it as xrc, it gets put under resources.
However, if you try to open the xrc with wxSmith, it won't, because there is no data in the file.

Autogenerating some simple data for it, for example
Code
<resource>
    <object class="wxDialog" name="Dialog1">
    </object>
</resource>

Offline anwender4711

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 06:26:27 pm »
3) Cut/copy/paste operations via ctrl-c/ctrl-v/ctrl-x don't work (I think this is an actual cb problem though)

I noticed the same. I assigned the appropiate shortcuts to the edit menu via the keyboard shortcuts plugin. It generally works , but the problem is, if i cut or copied a control, I can only paste it on top of the actual form. The insertion point I can choose on the right side of the wxSmith workspace is not recognized.

Offline klight

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 07:29:52 pm »
4) Would it be a good idea to move controls around via the object inspector/resource tab thing aswell?

I miss this feature.  I always wind up adding or moving controls around other controls inside sizers.  Changing the order of controls inside a sizer becomes a challenge in the GUI if there is not a way of changing the order in the tree.  I've been editing the wxSmith files to achieve this effect, so I do have a work-around.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 10:54:40 pm »

I miss this feature.  I always wind up adding or moving controls around other controls inside sizers.  Changing the order of controls inside a sizer becomes a challenge in the GUI if there is not a way of changing the order in the tree.  I've been editing the wxSmith files to achieve this effect, so I do have a work-around.

Hmm, what's wrong about Drag&Drop inside editor? I can freely change order of items inside sizer only by moving items inside editor.

Offline Russell

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 10:12:21 am »
Would someone be able to add the list I made to berlios bug tracker? I don't particulary
like signing up for things.

EDIT: wrong thread, oh well
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 10:15:28 am by Russell »

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 04:56:30 pm »
He he, no problem  :lol:

By the way, can anyone add berlios bug report for this problem with menus inside xrc ? That would ease to manage this problem

BYO