Author Topic: Building C::B  (Read 6785 times)

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
Building C::B
« on: February 22, 2007, 02:09:26 am »
Hi, i'm trying to build C::B but i'm hitting a issue.

I have both wx 2.6.3 and 2.8.0 installed. Since Code::Blocks doesn't yet support 2.8.0, i made sure all wx-config's pointed to wxWidget 2.6.3.

However, i still get this:

startherepage.o: In function `wxScrolledWindow::Layout()':/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/scrolwin.h:297: undefined reference to `wxScrollHelper::ScrollLayout()'
startherepage.o: In function `wxScrolledWindow::DoSetVirtualSize(int, int)':/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/scrolwin.h:297: undefined reference to `wxScrollHelper::ScrollDoSetVirtualSize(int, int)'
startherepage.o: In function `wxScrolledWindow::GetBestVirtualSize() const':/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/scrolwin.h:297: undefined reference to `wxScrollHelper::ScrollGetBestVirtualSize() const'

So my question is, where does C::B get its headers paths for wx, and how can i point it to wxWidgets 2.6 ??

(I also tried with wxWidgets 2.8 but i go too many errors with odcombo.cpp)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Building C::B
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:29:45 pm »
Since Code::Blocks doesn't yet support 2.8.0, [...]
What makes you say so? The current nightlies do (thanks Biplabs nice wizard).
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 05:17:30 pm »
Since Code::Blocks doesn't yet support 2.8.0, [...]
What makes you say so? The current nightlies do (thanks Biplabs nice wizard).
With regards, Morten.

I don't think he meant using wx28 to build a project. I think he meant building C::B that links against wx28.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 05:48:32 pm »
I don't think he meant using wx28 to build a project.
Ooops... my fault. :oops:
Well... what does wx-config --cxxflags give you???
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 05:54:37 pm »
You probably should add "--with-wx-config=wx-config-2.6" as option when invoking the configure-script. ;)
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 10:36:51 pm »
Well... what does wx-config --cxxflags give you???
With regards, Morten.

wx-config --cppflags
-I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-release-2.6 -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA

This is what i find weird :/ there were files included from wx-2.8, yet all flags point to wx-2.6

You probably should add "--with-wx-config=wx-config-2.6" as option when invoking the configure-script. Wink

Thanks that's what i was looking for :D

/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::DoCentre(int)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::GetWindowBorderSize() const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `vtable for wxColourBase'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::GTKProcessEvent(wxEvent&) const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::IsShownOnScreen() const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::GetLayoutDirection() const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::ScrollPages(int)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxStaticText::GTKWidgetNeedsMnemonic() const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::DoIsExposed(int, int, int, int) const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::DoIsExposed(int, int) const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::GetHelpTextAtPoint(wxPoint const&, wxHelpEvent::Origin) const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::AdjustForLayoutDirection(int, int, int) const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::ScrollLines(int)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::SetWindowStyleFlag(long)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxStockGDI::GetColour(wxStockGDI::Item)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::GTKWidgetDoSetMnemonic(_GtkWidget*)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::IsDoubleBuffered() const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::SetInitialSize(wxSize const&)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxControlBase::DoUpdateWindowUI(wxUpdateUIEvent&)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::SetLayoutDirection(wxLayoutDirection)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::GTKWidgetNeedsMnemonic() const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxDateTime::GetTmNow(tm*)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::DoGetScreenPosition(int*, int*) const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxXmlResourceHandler::IsOfClass(wxXmlNode*, wxString const&)'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxControl::OnInternalIdle()'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxWindow::GTKGetWindow(wxArrayGdkWindows&) const'
/home/mmg/Desktop/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `wxStaticText::GTKWidgetDoSetMnemonic(_GtkWidget*)'

:( What can that mean?

-L/usr/local/lib -pthread   -lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.6 -lwx_gtk2_qa-2.6 -lwx_gtk2_html-2.6 -lwx_gtk2_adv-2.6 -lwx_gtk2_core-2.6 -lwx_base_xml-2.6 -lwx_base_net-2.6 -lwx_base-2.6
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:47:47 pm by Auria »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 11:13:15 am »
It could mean that some files were compiled using the wx280 headers and still present, for example pre-compiled headers (did you do a full "make clean-zipfiles; make clean-bin; make clean"?). Try a full clean checkout and  compilation (including bootstrap and stuff...). The best would be to completely remove your old sandbox.
With regards, Morten.

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 02:48:37 am »
It could mean that some files were compiled using the wx280 headers and still present, for example pre-compiled headers (did you do a full "make clean-zipfiles; make clean-bin; make clean"?). Try a full clean checkout and  compilation (including bootstrap and stuff...). The best would be to completely remove your old sandbox.
With regards, Morten.

woot it worked!!! Had been trying for a very long time to get codeblocks working! many thanks to you all
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:50:24 am by Auria »