Author Topic: Setting up codecompletion for wxWidgets  (Read 3502 times)

weisswurst

Setting up codecompletion for wxWidgets
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:32:33 am »
Hi!

I've spend much time because codecompletion didn't work with wxWidgets classes so
I was forced to look up every shit in the wxDocu...
I tried Anjuta it wasn't better.
I tried KDevelop... also no codecompletion.

Because I didn't like the othe IDE's I am back now to CB :).

Well and I finally found a posting of mandrav in which he explains that you need to add
the compiler search path to your wxWidgets headers manually in Project > Build Options > Search Directoris > Compiler > Add...
In case of wxWidgets this would be "/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/"  8)

I thing this would do it for other librarys too.

Just feelt to post this because I lost much time due this, now well working, codecompletion feature.
Thanks for developing Code::Blocks.

Offline Wronschien

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Setting up codecompletion for wxWidgets
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 08:43:21 pm »
Hello

I've just had a similar problem on windows, parser wouldn't recognize wxApp class
the wxwidgets/include folder was already in the search path, so I used a Visual C++ tip found on this page, and now it works
it's a bit annoying to include files manually but such a pleasure later... :)

and btw, a big thanks to the whole team for the Code::Blocks project, it's fantastic !

Offline Nonenix

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Setting up codecompletion for wxWidgets
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:17:22 pm »
I am using the lates bulid svn 3761 for windows and linux
under windows codecompletion seems to work perfectly fine ;) (good job)
but under linux i'm having some problems :( i added the folders wx-conf --cxxlibs gave me manually to my compiler search directory, and codecompletion seemed to work but not completely! unter windows if i tipe wxBut wxButton appers but under linux only wxButtonBase apperas o.O seems there are so troubles with cc nder ubuntu witch the standartwxlib2.6 packages (patches i added /usr/include/wx-2.6/ and a second one don't remember now sry)