Author Topic: One question  (Read 10616 times)

vso

One question
« on: February 13, 2007, 03:56:42 pm »
There are one thing In Borland Builder and Microsoft MVS: when you press ctrl+space you see little helps as a list, and there are all variables and functions and others from your file and all includes in you file. Is there that thing in Code::Blocks? When I press ctrl+space in Code::Blocks I see the list but there are only local variables, but there are not identifiers declared in includes(headers)... My english is bad, and if you can understrand me, please answer maximum simply.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: One question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 04:24:51 pm »
In short, Yes! It's called Code Completion in Code::Blocks.  :)

I use MSVC05 and I can assure you, it's code-completion is not perfect. It throws a lot of unnecessary informations. In Code::Blocks, this is quite clear.

You should see identifiers, declared in headers in C::B, too if you've included appropriate header. Also try to use latest nightlies, as devs are improving it further.  :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

vso

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:49:15 pm »
for example I write in c::b in console app. that code:

Code
#include <stdio.h>
#include <conio.h>

int main()
{
int a;

return 0;
}

and when I press ctrl+space when cursor stay after "int a", I see in the list only:

variable       a : int
function      main() : int

but I want to see all declarations from stdio.h and conio.h. What can I do for kill this problem? The same code in Borland Builder - I see list consists of many-many declares...

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:00:20 pm »
Type in few characters first and then press Ctrl+Space. E.g., to write system, type sy and then press Ctrl+Space; you'll get the options.

vso

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 08:18:48 pm »
not working.
Or that code for example

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
   int a;
   scanf("%d",&a);
   return 0;
}

it's compiling without any prolems. But when I type sc (for find scanf) and press ctrlspace the list does not appear, and when i do right click on "scanf" and chooze find declaration c::b say that "not found: scanf".

vso

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:55:54 am »
please answer!!!

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 02:13:43 pm »
I'm very sorry. I didn't notice your earlier post.

It seems that Code-Completion plugin is not parsing stdio.h. But I'm not sure why?

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 03:50:20 pm »
What version of Codeblocks are you using?

dumarjo

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 04:14:04 pm »
i use 3586 svn and this is working. What is not working is when :

struct t
{
char allo;
char bonjour;
};

void main(void)
{
struct t test;
test.
}

i didn't see the list of member of the struct t. is it normal ?

dumarjo

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 04:21:21 pm »
struct t test;
As far as I know, the code completion parser doesn't currently recognize C-style struct declarations.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

vso

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 04:42:50 pm »
I downloaded c::b only yesterday or thhe day before yesterday from http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads.shtml
from
Code::Blocks IDE, with MINGW compiler
Filesize: 13,597,181 Bytes | Version: 1.0rc2
MD5 Hash: 7638bdd4fd087b3168be4f0f968d1f3c

What is svn? Writed:

BUG ALERT!!!

A bug has just been discovered in 1.0RC2 regarding the SVN plugin.
If you don't have the SVN versioning system installed on your machine, DO NOT install the SVN plugin, or Code::Blocks may crash.

If you already installed the plugin by accident, please delete svn.dll from the "share\codeblocks\plugins" subdirectory.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

vso

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 04:45:38 pm »
PS:  Before that I installed c::b with svn and when I saw the critical error about svn. Then Ireinstalled c::b without svn, and then I didnt see some errors.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 04:55:55 pm »
What is svn?
"svn" is short for "Subversion", the source control system that the C::B developers use to facilitate cooperative development and track source history. As mentioned in your quote from the download page, there was a plugin for C::B that would make some SVN functionality directly available in C::B. The plugin has since been discontinued, but Subversion remains the storage method for the C::B source. When someone wants to build a recent, "cutting-edge" version of C::B, they use the SVN "checkout" command to download the latest version of the C::B sources from the SVN "trunk" directory, sometimes referred to as "HEAD" (a holdover from a different source control system called CVS), or just plain "svn". killerbot's nightly builds are made this way, and are the recommended way of obtaining a compiled version of Code::Blocks.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

dumarjo

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 07:14:31 pm »
struct t test;
As far as I know, the code completion parser doesn't currently recognize C-style struct declarations.

that explain this issue

dumarjo

vso

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 03:54:44 pm »
So what can I do? I thought that I found the best, ideal dev env.....