Author Topic: Proposition  (Read 6157 times)

manianis

Proposition
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:43:01 am »
I've downloaded the wxFormBuilder and I wished to share my opinion on this tools. I found that it will be very cute if you and the wxFormBuilder teams works together to develop the Code::Blocks IDE to obtain a real IDE tool having the power of Microsoft IDE.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Proposition
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:29:39 pm »
wxFormBuilder has its own forum at http://wxformbuilder.org/.

CodeBlocks has a developing form builder plugin called wxSmith.

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 03:11:39 pm »
I had a look at wxFormBuilder some time ago.
Although it has a nice and easy ui, I didn't like it, because of it's design choice to let the user implement event handlers etc. by subclassing the classes wxFormBuilder creates.

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 08:13:52 pm »
Seems to be that they are using Borland's GUI building strategy. I really like that strategy.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 08:48:27 pm »
I took a look on to that stuff... And... it looks like a mix of monkey with motorcycle. They are using similar strategy to wxDevCpp, which is going from Borland's idea. But in Borland there is one advantage: it has C++ extantions like properties and pointers on to classes methods, given after published:. gnu gcc doesn't have those features. That is why I can say that wx Developers stacked  with limited MS C++ model of GUI development.
gcc+winXP+suse.

manianis

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 09:34:40 pm »
wxFormBuilder has its own forum at http://wxformbuilder.org/.

CodeBlocks has a developing form builder plugin called wxSmith.

Yes thank you I know about the Url. But I'm talking about mixing the two projects into one to give a nice IDE. More powerfull than Microsoft. The power of the GPL Free Communities that they can works together and that's the nicer point of the Free Software.

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 11:30:16 pm »
Why join them? They work perfect side by side.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 12:33:37 pm »
I am actually quite happy that Code::Blocks is not as powerful as Visual Studio (which takes about 2 minutes to start on my PC, let's not even talk about how much space it hogs on the hard disk).  :D
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

manianis

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 09:26:10 pm »
If  VS takes that much it's because of the huge number of functionnalities  :shock: