Author Topic: [Feature Request] Set current workspace as default workspace  (Read 4702 times)

tobiaslohe

[Feature Request] Set current workspace as default workspace
« on: January 24, 2007, 06:34:59 pm »
Would be a nice feature upon right-clicking on the current workspace, to have the option "set as default workspace", as the approach described here http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=406.0 is not really user-friendly :wink:

Was searching for this because I wanted to start with my workspace opened at startup and only possibility seems to be to save my workspace as default workspace. Other possible solution could be in Setting->Environment->General Settings to have a third option under "On application start-up": open specific workspace, where I could browse for the workspace I want. Or to give the workspace as command-line argument when starting Code::Blocks like in Eclipse.

PS: I'm using snapshot 23 Jan 2007, build 3532, on Windows XP.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: [Feature Request] Set current workspace as default workspace
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:43:45 pm »
Or to give the workspace as command-line argument when starting Code::Blocks

And why don't you just do it?
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

tobiaslohe

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:59:19 pm »
Or to give the workspace as command-line argument when starting Code::Blocks

And why don't you just do it?

Probably cause I didn't find out how to do it...?! I didn't see any hint how to do this here http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Command_line_arguments and also nothing searching the forum.

Anyhow: The "set as default workspace" option would be a nice feature, I did not say that it is not possible to solve my problem  :)

Offline VincentB

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 04:51:54 pm »
Hello,

I am a newcomer to CodeBlocks, and I have a similar problem as Mr tobiaslohe. I would like to set the workspace in the command line when launching codeblocks in order to compile my workspace from an MS DOS batch, or from a Visual Basic Script, or from any kind of shell script.

I could not find the relevant information either in the help site http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Command_line_arguments

My nightly build is svn 3677 (March 8th 2007, 23:18:02 -wx2.6.3).
I am using Windows XP, and MinGW on top of MSYS.

Could anyone tell me if this is supported (If not I can report a bug on the Berlios site)

My command line is :

codeblocks --no-splash-screen --target="Release" --personality="Lite" --rebuild myworkspace.cbp > compile.log

The content of compile log is after this line execution :

Nothing to be done.

Nothing to be done.

Nothing to be done.

Also, I noticed that when the filename/filepath & name myworkspace.cbp is incorrect, I get a notification "The project does not exists" twice, and then codeblocks crashes.

By the way it would be nice if the the indication of codeblock build was possible to cut and paste from the Menu help->about, that would be easier than copying it to this message by hand for lasy ones like me  8)

Very best regards,
                Vincent.