Author Topic: The 21 January 2007 build is out.  (Read 29171 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 21 January 2007 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 11:53:53 am »
check all path entered in the *compiler* options (so not the project compiler options). I think those are all checked now, probably one is not correct ...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 11:58:00 am »
Hi,

I've just updated from the Jan 4th nightly build to this one. Now none of the symbols show up in the symbols tab of the management window and when right clicking on a symbol and choosing "Find Declaration" or "Find Implementation" it gives a not found error.

(Windows XP)

If I go back to the Jan 4th Nightly build it does work correctly.

Is there some new setting that needs to be set?

Thanks

There was a bug in wxSmith (C::B-generated) events handling which made it consume these events before any other plugins (notably code-completion) had a chance to process them. This bug has been fixed in svn.
If you want to enable code-completion again, disable the wxSmith plugin in "Plugins->Manage plugins" (at least until the next nightly is out).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline BCCISProf

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Professor Langsam's Home Page
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 12:04:16 pm »
Thanks for the so very quick reply!

Offline Jan van den Borst

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 12:16:21 pm »
check all path entered in the *compiler* options (so not the project compiler options). I think those are all checked now, probably one is not correct ...

I did, setting the "additional paths" did the trick.
Thanks

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 12:48:04 pm »
good.

Question : was the additional paths incorrect, or was it empty ?

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 01:07:04 pm »
Now,it's very good with new wxSmith!  but why it can't add wxMenu?

It will be added soon :)

Offline killua

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 02:48:41 pm »
good.

I had a similar problem with the minGW compiler I have.  The additional paths section in the compiler options was empty.  I pointed it to the installation directory and it worked fine after that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:13:09 pm by killua »

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 05:00:20 pm »
good.

I had a similar problem with the minGW compiler I have.  The additional paths section in the compiler options was empty.  I pointed it to the installation directory and it worked fine after that.
me too

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 05:15:34 pm »
Hello,
I'm experiencing code-completion problems on my win32 c::b install. I doesn't work anymore.
I reverted back to jan 10.

It works with the jan 10 release.

Anything changed?

Regards
Jan

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 05:25:22 pm »
- codecompletion is already fixed, side effect of new wxSmith : available in tonight nightly
- will implement that an empty additional paths is not considered invalid, it is always possible there are no additional paths

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 05:35:37 pm »
looking at the code, it doesn't make sense, a compiler is valid if it's C compiler program can be found [m_Programs.C]  [note : C++ compiler can always do C too]., either in the MasterPath or in the extra Paths, the fact that "additional paths " is empty should not make it invalid, and so says the code.  :shock:

Are you really sure you didn't have another problem ??

What did you specify as MasterPath (could be maybe in your masterpath you already specified the bin subdir, you shoulnd't , CB itself will append the bin subdir).
And for additional paths it doesn' t add anything, so when this might be set to the MasterPath (ending with the bin) dir, this could explain that in your case with your change it now works. But as far as I can see, it is correct, so no need for code changes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:39:32 pm by killerbot »

Offline killua

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 06:04:54 pm »
looking at the code, it doesn't make sense, a compiler is valid if it's C compiler program can be found [m_Programs.C]  [note : C++ compiler can always do C too]., either in the MasterPath or in the extra Paths, the fact that "additional paths " is empty should not make it invalid, and so says the code.  :shock:

Are you really sure you didn't have another problem ??

What did you specify as MasterPath (could be maybe in your masterpath you already specified the bin subdir, you shoulnd't , CB itself will append the bin subdir).
And for additional paths it doesn' t add anything, so when this might be set to the MasterPath (ending with the bin) dir, this could explain that in your case with your change it now works. But as far as I can see, it is correct, so no need for code changes.

My master path was pointing to c:\<install path>\bin .   I was unable to compile anything due to this.  I added the Additional Path and pointed it to the same directory as the master path.

After reading your above post, I removed the \bin on the master path, removed the additional path, and it works as it would normally.

I had never messed with that option before (the master path) until today.  /boggle

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 06:17:01 pm »
probably you set it like this at the time you added the compiler.
By the way, which compiler was it ??

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 06:25:21 pm »
anyhow, tomorrow I will add an extra search criteria, where it also looks in the MasterPath without appending the bin dir, then it doesn't matter if the bin is already in your MasterPath, but  it is adviced not to include the bin dir in the value of MasterPath, as does the NOTE say in the Programs tab [personal note : our code was not consistent with the note, since when looking for the exe to actually build  (!= check if Valid) we apparently look in the MasterPath itself also without appending the bin dir, where as the note says : either in the bin subdir or the additional paths]

I would suggest we don't play strict as the note says and we ???????adjust the note???????, why not strict : suppose there's a compiler package which does not have a bin subdir ....

Offline killua

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 06:56:25 pm »
probably you set it like this at the time you added the compiler.
By the way, which compiler was it ??

My install was from the RC2 install with minGW.  I haven't bothered to change it since then.