Author Topic: "No such file or directory" linker error when without administrator rights  (Read 5253 times)

escudo825

I'm using the january 17 nightly build in windowsXP, and whenever I'm using the administrator account everything works perfectly.

but if I'm not then I get:
Linking console executable: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\demos\12.11\game engine\ogre3d\OgreSDK\bin\Debug\first.exe
mingw32-g++.exe: and: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: Settings\All: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: Users\Documents\demos\12.11\game: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: engine\ogre3d\OgreSDK\bin\Debug\first.exe: No such file or directory

I can't always use the administrator account, but I can't get it to work otherwise.

edit: also if it's a problem, I couldn't find any windows specific forums. so I put this here.

edit 2: so far it mostly happens when compiling stuff with OGRE3d(pre compiled sdk), if that helps any.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 06:39:02 am by escudo825 »

Offline @nthony

• Multiple posting newcomer
I am getting similar errors and am certain it has something to do with improper handling of spaces in file names/paths. I did a quick search and found this bug was mentioned here, but never re-addressed later on (either as to it being fixed or unfixed).
Please look into this soon, as the number 2 reason I use RC2 (over nightly releases and Dev-C++) is because I can install it into any folder I choose.

[random beef:] what up with the registration validation images... felt like I was taking an eye exam ....

escudo825

I doubt it. as I said, it only happens outside an administrator account. otherwise it works perfectly fine.

it only seems to happen with ogre3d though, which won't work under rc2. I'll look at it again when I'm on that computer and see if I can corner the bug alittle more.