Author Topic: Loosing Configuration on every C::B restart/exit  (Read 5188 times)

AA-Tyrael

Loosing Configuration on every C::B restart/exit
« on: January 14, 2007, 03:38:19 am »
 Platform :/FreeBSD 6.1 Release
WX Version:/WXGTK-2.6-unicode
CB::Version:/3481

On "exec codeblocks" i get popup window containing "Deleted stale lock file '/tmp/Code::Blocks-Seraphim'."
Code Blocks runs succesfully and everything looks fine till i exit the application as after i restart it i get the above message and every configuration is reseted to default

I checked the above file permissions and tryed to chmod it from 600 to 666 but after that Code::Blocks does not start as it claims that another instance of CB is running already (although there is no cb process running)

I guess permissions were not the problem?

Any suggestion of what is going on ?
It is really annoying to have to set up everything from the beggining

Thx in advance...

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: Loosing Configuration on every C::B restart/exit
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 06:33:12 am »
It seems Code::Blocks is silently crashing, or hanging, just before it saves your settings (that explains that popup too).

Code::Blocks should save a crash report file (codeblocks.rpt), but I don't know where it's saved in *nix systems. I would expect it to be saved in ~/.codeblocks, but once again: I don't know. I'm not even sure if it's saved in *nix systems :P

I've had that kind of problems when running it on Linux, but I haven't used it long enough there to even try to find the cause and a good way to reproduce it.

Could you try running it through gdb and post a backtrace if you find anything?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Loosing Configuration on every C::B restart/exit
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 09:39:49 am »
Code::Blocks should save a crash report file (codeblocks.rpt), but I don't know where it's saved in *nix systems. I would expect it to be saved in ~/.codeblocks, but once again: I don't know. I'm not even sure if it's saved in *nix systems

The .rpt file is only generated on windows.
For other platforms, run codeblocks inside gdb and read the backtrace...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...