Author Topic: SLAX Module Available  (Read 13237 times)

dnegroni

SLAX Module Available
« on: January 11, 2007, 09:23:17 am »
Hi everybody.

Maybe you are familiar with SLAX, a " fast and beautiful Linux operating system which fits on small (3.14") CD-ROM disc. It runs directly from the CD (or USB) without installing."; you can find more details here:

http://slax.linux-live.org/

It is now available the CodeBlocks module, in the SLAX Modules Section,

http://www.slax.org/modules.php

I hope it would be useful.

Offline joubertdj

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: SLAX Module Available
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 10:27:13 am »
 :) Nice, is it a nightly you added or the old RC2?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 10:57:25 am »
it's the old RC2

Offline joubertdj

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 11:08:50 am »
 :? Uh okay... that is not so nice...

dnegroni

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 11:30:48 am »
I'm sorry; I've been using CB for a short time and I'm not familiar with nightly builds. Anyway I think CB it's a very nice IDE, and I'll try to make available a module with a nightly build as soon as possible.

Offline joubertdj

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 01:14:49 pm »
 :) That be great! There is almost no comparison regarding the nightlies and RC2.

[EDIT] Meaning: A ton of bug fixes and features!!!

dnegroni

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 02:20:17 pm »
Hi,

being the "nightlies" "binary" distributions, and being SLAX  "based on the Slackware Linux", where can I look for the suitable binaries ( I came across the Linux versions for Ubuntu, Fedora and Suse )?

Thanks

Offline joubertdj

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 02:23:11 pm »
How about building it for SLAX and uploading it?

dnegroni

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 02:47:41 pm »
Building for SLAX means: get the last source code ( where can I find it?), build it under Slackware in a suitable way, and then create the SLAX module. That's what I usually do, anyway I could try to pass from a .deb to a Slax module. I'm going to try with the "The 08 January 2007 build".

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 02:50:32 pm »
Building for SLAX means: get the last source code ( where can I find it?)

http://www.codeblocks.org/source_code.shtml
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 02:52:21 pm »
   //-- Wiki Index
       CodeBlocks Wiki Index
   //-- Wiki Main Page
    CodeBlocks Wiki Main Page

Search for "building" and "compiling" in the wiki index.

Source code:
http://www.codeblocks.org/source_code.shtml
Source code - Code::Blocks
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 02:53:52 pm by Pecan »

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 03:04:31 pm »
ah a SLAX!i still have it on my small cd...could be great to have it with cb!

Elvis Enmanuel

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 03:07:07 pm »
I've just been compile and upload the lastest nightly build (svn 3497) of codeblocks for slax distro

You can download at:

http://www.slax.org/modules.php?id=2075

ains.

dnegroni

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 12:01:54 pm »
Hello , I have some problems with the lastest nightly build (svn 3497), and also with a svn-3500 that I've built myself.

I get these errors in the log window at start-time:

ERROR: No plugin manifest file in the resource: /usr/local/share/codeblocks/codestat.zip
ERROR: Plugin resource not found: libdebuggergdb.zip
ERROR: Plugin resource not found: libpluginwizard.zip
ERROR: No plugin manifest file in the resource: /usr/local/share/codeblocks/profiler.zip

and If I try to create a new project I'm not able to select a template (ie, the go button never becomes "sensitive" )

From the command line I have also an "Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_window_realize_icon: assertion 'info->incon_pixmap == NULL' failed"

Where am I wrong? I added the modules  "wxwidgets-2.8.0.unicode-i486-1sl.mo" and "libmspack-0.0.20060920alpha-i486-2as.mo" too.

And how can I set in the starting image the "svn XXXX" window? In my package I only have a "svn 0", as I find a "rev 0" instead of a "rev 3500" in the Help/About/Information/Verion field; what steps did I miss in the build process?

Thank you

Elvis Enmanuel

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 03:01:19 pm »
Hi

to compile with wxWidgets 2.8 you need the wxGTK2.8 module too (in slax->modules->libraries). For security when I compiled it I removed the wxGTK2.6 and wxGTK2.6 modules from slax distribution and checkout the new svn version (for have a "clean" environment).

I've got the same warnings/errors than yours in linux and windows version, so I think that something files are missing in the svn version :/

I think that svn XXXX appears automatically
..and some buttons doesn't appears when I open the template widgets.

ains

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 03:30:09 pm »
Please do note that wxWidgets 2.8 is not officially supported. It might accidentially work (we already have done one or the other compatibility fix), but honestly I doubt it will really do 100%.

Regarding the missing revision number, you need subversion installed on your system and you must check out sources (not use a tarball) to be able to build a version that includes the revision information. The former is pretty obvious, and the latter is due to a typo in the present svn version of autorevision (which is already updated).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

dnegroni

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 05:42:47 pm »
Hi,

I'll try with wxGTK2.8 installed, and also with the wxWidgets 2.6 as I did with the 1.0rc2 module.

Regarding the missing revision number, you need subversion installed on your system and you must check out sources

What I did is to give the following command:

"svn checkout http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/codeblocks/trunk"

and then I went into the trunk directory  and I created a tgz file that I used in my script to build the package.

What do you mean with "not use a tarball"? I should start from the trunk directory instead of using a source tgz file?

Thanks

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:23:51 am »
The revision number is determined by information stored in the .svn subdirectories. Subversion will not know this is a version controlled project if they aren't there.
Usually one does not include these in a tarball and you probably did not either (does not make sense normally).

To work around the "tarball problem", Daniel made a quite smart modification to make dist which generates a distribution that does not need those directories.
However, the generated file is unluckily overwritten due to a typo in the svn version of autorevision (one == should be <=). Thus, until the updated version is in svn, the only valid way of building and having version number information is from the working copy, sorry.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Elvis Enmanuel

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 11:03:06 am »