Author Topic: some problems when doing wierd things..  (Read 3079 times)

Offline hckr83

• Multiple posting newcomer
some problems when doing wierd things..
« on: December 29, 2006, 08:34:35 pm »
I have found a few problems that aren't bugs, because codeblocks is acting as excepted but it is something that would be nifty if fixed

I have switched to custom makefiles so I don't have to worry about it anymore but if you try to do wierd things like make an OS using codeblocks(without makefiles) then you run into some problems
because the lib directory and include directories are put onto the command line, things like -nostdlib don't work, causing quite a few problems in an OS.. also, you can't add an object file(made by, say an external assembler) easily, you have to specify it under "other linker options" also, (in RC2 atleast..) when I tried to add a .a(static lib)  it did it the -l way so that it tried adding lib onto the specified library name, so if you browse for the file then you add "lib_mylib.a" then it puts on the command line "-llib_mylib.a" making it resolve to "liblib_mylib.a"

also it'd help if you put linker options, like the same way you can put compiler options(point and click interface for it..)

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: some problems when doing wierd things..
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 10:30:09 pm »
Those problems are fixed in the nightly builds...
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring