Author Topic: Enhancement: Sorting of the open files in the drop down list  (Read 2997 times)

mace

Enhancement: Sorting of the open files in the drop down list
« on: December 29, 2006, 01:28:40 pm »
Hi
It's my first posting in this forum, so sure if I'm in the right place for a suggestion for an enhancement.

A few weeks ago you implemented a dropdown list that shows the currently open files in code blocks. This is great and very useful. Unfortunately the list is not alphabetically sorted and has got the same order as the tabs. This is not very useful, especially if you've got a lot of files open at the same time. My suggestion is to always have this list sorted alphabetically and it should be independant of the file order in the tabs.

Please advise me where to put bug reports and enhancement suggestions if I'm wrong here.

Great work you guys are doing with code blocks by the way.
Cheers
Mario
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 01:30:48 pm by mace »

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Enhancement: Sorting of the open files in the drop down list
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 02:27:03 pm »
For bugs you can go here for features here. That way you are sure that the feature is not lost. ;)

btw. it would be very nice to have a sorted list...
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

mace

Re: Enhancement: Sorting of the open files in the drop down list
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 12:53:25 am »
Thanks for your reply. I visited the links and found my suggestion already posted in the feature requests. Great. :D