Author Topic: Suggestion - Import CodeWright projects  (Read 3161 times)

Offline pindakaas

• Single posting newcomer
Suggestion - Import CodeWright projects
« on: December 22, 2006, 03:10:29 pm »
It would be nice if code::blocks would be support import of CodeWright project files.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Suggestion - Import CodeWright projects
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 07:32:25 pm »
Yes, it would be nice if Code::Blocks supported <insert name of 10 other IDEs> as well.

Unluckily, CodeWright is a closed source product owned and licensed by Borland "on an as-is, unsupported basis through the Web and the channel", and unmaintained as stated in their "open letter".

I don't own a copy of CodeWright, and there is no specification or documentation on the file format available on the web in a manner that would allow you to find it using a few simple Google searches (maybe it's hidden somewhere, maybe it does not exist).
Thus, I think it is rather unlikely that there will be any kind of support for CodeWright any time soon, or at all.

Maybe someone who owns a copy deems it important enough to contribute an importer, but at least I can't be bothered to spend many hours reverse-engineering the file format of an abandoned product that is sold but explicitely not supported (what kind of bullshit is is they're doing there, anyway...?).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."