Author Topic: I need Unicode!  (Read 11831 times)

Offline dje

• Lives here!
Re: I need Unicode!
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 02:51:28 pm »
No miracle...

Software you can't configure never match your need and are not used...
Open software that can be used anywhere may be harder to configure and may require a little time to get used, but time is not lost as you can reuse the tool elsewhere.

Just make your choice : spend little time to figure out how wonderful C::B is or be lazy and...

Offline BennM

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 05:16:51 pm »
Software you can't configure never match your need and are not used...

The user must to be able to configure it for complex exercises or special applications, but basics like unicode should be preinstalled!

Imagine: There are some people who has to learn C / C++ for their study and they don't know anything about computers (maybe surfing in the internet!). These People want to have and URL to download and install the Compiler. After that it has to work for all exercises!

Thats what I want to make you clear!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 10:45:10 pm »
Imagine: There are some people who has to learn C / C++ for their study and they don't know anything about computers (maybe surfing in the internet!).
Well it's the same like applying physics and doesn't knowing anything about Newton, right?
Don't you think before getting into programming a little reading would be helpful? I promise: If you don't invest time into reading/learning before you won't earn anything from it. That's one of the most basis (life) lessons, IMHO.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 09:36:38 am »
The user must to be able to configure it for complex exercises or special applications, but basics like unicode should be preinstalled!
Just to clarify once again: Unicode is the default in Code::Blocks as well in gcc/MinGW.

Learning how to program Unicode applications is another issue, the IDE will not do that for you, but I think that's quite clear...
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."