Author Topic: Few minor quirks that get in the way  (Read 11694 times)

Offline kfs1

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Few minor quirks that get in the way
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 11:09:36 pm »
Erh - ok - that's bizzare. I just went to change an abbreviation ("sep", which inserts a line of /s) and it wasn't there. I went back in to edit "sep" again, and now Keyboard Shortcuts (with the ring around the keys) is there.

Nothing in the Code::Blocks or Code::Blocks Debug tabs that would explain it. *boggle*

Offline kfs1

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:14 pm »
Hmm. Apparently its taking codeblocks ~30 minutes (on a 2.8ghz amd system with 1gb ddr ram) to load the "Code Completion" plugin without a project or workspace. If I try to disable the plugin, CB crashes and the terminal I launched it from spews lots of 'addr2line' messages.

Offline kfs1

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 11:37:41 pm »
Apparently, the fedora distro of codeblocks (1.0-0.17.20061130svn33) doesn't include the keyboard shortcuts plugin, you have to install the contribs distro.

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 12:06:21 am »
We use a notebook for various reasons. One of them is that in all non-windows platforms the MDI style is emulated with a notebook.
I didn't know... I did't loose my day.

So what do you think? Have MDI for windows and notebooks for other platforms? I don't think so. We strive for C::B to behave identically under all supported platforms.

And I totally agree !! I didn't mean to use MDI on Windows and notebook on other platforms !!!
The multi platform aspect of wxWidgets/Code::Blocks is one of the most important !!

I just spoke about MDI because I know window cascading and others are managed by the framework.

Dje