Author Topic: Sizers  (Read 5757 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Sizers
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:22:25 am »
   How do you change the default size of a sizer using wxWidgets.  I have a flexgrid sizer embedded into a Grid Sizer.  I can't seem to resize the the dialog.  I also can't resize the notebook control with a tree control added as a page.  Is this something I should change via code?

Also, how do you get the '_' (as in &Edit in the label for a button) to appear when you start a dialog?  They don't appear when I start the application.

Thanks.
Joe M. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 04:08:38 am by jmccay »

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Re: Sizers
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 04:28:03 am »
   How do you change the default size of a sizer using wxWidgets.  I have a flexgrid sizer embedded into a Grid Sizer.  I can't seem to resize the the dialog.  I also can't resize the notebook control with a tree control added as a page.  Is this something I should change via code?

I found the solution to this problem.  First, add a pannel to the notebook.  Then, add a sizer to the panel, and then add the tree control.  Now I just need to get it to expand properly.  The tree control will not expand.

Also, how do you get the '_' (as in &Edit in the label for a button) to appear when you start a dialog?  They don't appear when I start the application.

Thanks.
Joe M. 

still need info on this problem.
joe

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 04:39:22 am »

I found the solution to this problem.  First, add a pannel to the notebook.  Then, add a sizer to the panel, and then add the tree control.  Now I just need to get it to expand properly.  The tree control will not expand.

Thanks.
Joe M. 

still need info on this problem.
joe

Ok I have the expand working properly.  I just have to remember to set the growable columns & rows in the sizer based on a 0 index.  Is the '_' problem a bug in wxWidsets?
jmccay

takeshimiya

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 05:57:57 am »
Is the '_' problem a bug in wxWidsets?
jmccay
Just in case you happen to be running Windows XP, have you tried pressing ALT? :shock:

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 01:11:19 am »
Just in case you happen to be running Windows XP, have you tried pressing ALT? :shock:

Yeah, I used the alt, and I do have WinXP.  Alt is not the problem.  The problem is that the underscore doesn't appear at all most of the time, and when it does, it doesn't always stay.  An example:

I type the label: &Edit
Which should appear: Edit
It appears like: Edit (most of the time)

The underscore should be there all of the time.  That's what I am trying to fix.  I was wondering if anyone else had experience with this issue.  Sorry for the bad explanation in my previous post.  I was very tired when I posted this (& it has made for a long day at 4:30 am the next day).  Unfortunately, I haven't been able do coding at home until late at night (for me) which makes for interesting reads. 
jmccay
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 01:14:40 am by jmccay »

takeshimiya

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 03:16:33 am »
   Yeah, I used the alt, and I do have WinXP.  Alt is not the problem.  The problem is that the underscore doesn't appear at all most of the time, and when it does, it doesn't always stay.  An example:
What I meant to say is, are you sure you don't have checked:
Start menu->Control Panel->Display->Appearance->Effects...->Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key
?

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 12:00:23 am »
What I meant to say is, are you sure you don't have checked:
Start menu->Control Panel->Display->Appearance->Effects...->Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key
?

I didn't know that feature existed.  I guess I should check out more of the effects.  Funny thing is, mozilla always the underline even though the effect is on for this computer.  I have always thought of most of them as annoying icing.  I wil have to check when I get back to my computer--I am using another person's computer.  Sorry it took me lso long to get back to this thread.  I am working on installing my usb wireless device on my linux system.  It hasn't been hard.  I just need to find the time to finish the install.  Thanks for the information.
jmccay
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:04:50 am by jmccay »