Author Topic: Newbie question about directory structure  (Read 4468 times)

Offline kfs1

• Multiple posting newcomer
Newbie question about directory structure
« on: November 21, 2006, 09:46:58 pm »
My directory structure is fairly simple right now, just include/ and src/.

Code
v- workspace
  v- project
    v- sources
      v- src
    v- headers
      v- include

The sources/src and headers/include is a little nigglesome to me. Is there some way I can make it so that my source/header files are only 3 nodes deep instead of 4? And will that still work when I add sub-directories to my src directory (there's 600 .cpp files in there which I'd like to seperate by sub-target eventually)

Forgive me if this is a dumb question; very new to codeblocks and I may just be missing it in the mass of stuff I'm absorbing doing this migration :)

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
Re: Newbie question about directory structure
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:31:54 pm »
You are not missing something as a "feature" Code::Blocks automatically sorts you files into a "Header" and "Sources" category based on a set of wildcard filters.  As far as I know there is no way to change this.  You will probably have to wait until 1.5 for a true virtual project folder system, there are currently plenty of other things to firm up first.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:36:58 pm »
Right click on the project and select "Project tree", then disable "Categorize by file types" and you are done.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline kfs1

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 11:17:27 pm »
Ahh, fantastic! I'm suffering a spot of euphoria; our project's linux components were developed using Metrowerks CodeWarrior. After I joined and CW started not liking our OS upgrades, I ported the same file structure to vi/make. After a couple of years of looking for an IDE, I was stuck using vi on a rather large project through a sea of headaches. Last week I upgraded my w/s to FC6 and happened on Codeblocks. It was like thanks giving, christmas and new year all rolled into one :) The one downside is that bringing a fairly complex project with me means I have a lot to learn and to learn it all fairly rapidly.

For now I'm just going to rely on my autoconf/configure/Makefile system to control the build process (150k lines of code => 662 files => 6 server processes, 5 client processes, 2 static libs and 2 (different) shared libs; not a huge project, just a complex one). But that's there CB really shines thru, other IDEs wouldn't be giving me as much functionality at this stage as CB is.

kudos.

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 07:05:32 am »
Very cool, didn't know about that.   Must track down what revision that showed up under.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 09:54:48 am »
Very cool, didn't know about that.   Must track down what revision that showed up under.

It's there since, like, forever ;).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...