Author Topic: Small bug with linker interaction?  (Read 3600 times)

Multinode Nick

Small bug with linker interaction?
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:58:51 pm »
I'm still at experimentation level with C::B and I'm a newbie with gcc, so I may be wrong with this problem I have...

I have a link problem with a test library of mine. I try to link my libTest.lib by adding it by a relative path, and then I get this compilation error:

mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_dll -L"D:\_PROJECT\LIBRAIRIES NEXUS\lib" -LD:\_Project\CodeBlocks\wxsmith\test-4\ -LC:\Euresys\MultiCam\lib -L"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\lib"  -o bin\Debug\test-4.exe obj\Debug\CImageGrabber.o obj\Debug\app.o obj\Debug\cnewbuttonctrl.o obj\Debug\newdialog.o obj\Debug\CFileSimulationGrabber.o   -pg -lgmon  -lwxmsw26 -lTest.lib  -mwindows
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.4\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lTest.lib

But if I add my libtest.lib as an absolute path, I don't get the error.

mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_dll -L"D:\_PROJECT\LIBRAIRIES NEXUS\lib" -LD:\_Project\CodeBlocks\wxsmith\test-4\ -LC:\Euresys\MultiCam\lib -L"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\lib"  -o bin\Debug\test-4.exe obj\Debug\CImageGrabber.o obj\Debug\app.o obj\Debug\cnewbuttonctrl.o obj\Debug\newdialog.o obj\Debug\CFileSimulationGrabber.o   -pg -lgmon  -lwxmsw26 D:\_Project\CodeBlocks\wxsmith\test-4\libTest.lib  -mwindows

Is there an automation modifying the name libTest.lib and removes the first lib to be threated as a .a library?

Also, I'm unable to use my libtest.lib. I put a simple class with a simple method in it, but it won't link. I get this as error:

obj\Debug\app.o: In function `ZN5MyApp6OnInitEv':
D:/_Project/CodeBlocks/wxsmith/test-4/app.cpp:24: undefined reference to `CTest::OnInit()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

I know I do something wrong ;-) but I don't figure it?

Nick