Author Topic: Strange about compilation  (Read 3412 times)

Offline chameleon

• Multiple posting newcomer
Strange about compilation
« on: November 15, 2006, 02:27:36 pm »
My first use of C::B. Very impressive. A little bit dissapointed by debugger because when I move mouse pointer on a variable, does not display in pop-up the value of this variable. Anyway, good job. If I want it, I can do it!

My question I am not sure that is affected by C::B.

I use `MinGW`.

I compiled `libjpeg` library with `C::B` without any warnings.
I compiled `my_project` executable with `C::B` without any warnings and with *exactly* the same options.
When I run `my_project` it crashes inside a `libjpeg` function.

Then added without any modification of `libjpeg` source, the source of `libjpeg` library into `my_project` and compile again with `C::B` without any warnings.
Now the `my_project` runs ok!

Where is the problem?

I had the same problem in Visual Studio 2005 and after a lot of hours, I found out that, in library struct alignement was 8 bytes and in executable 1 byte.
Is there any posibility for the same problem with MinGW? There is no such option, so I believe not.

Please help. It is silly to include the source of any library to my project ;-)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Strange about compilation
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 05:19:19 pm »
A little bit dissapointed by debugger because when I move mouse pointer on a variable, does not display in pop-up the value of this variable.
Sure it does: Settings -> Compiler and Debugger -> Debugger Settings -> Activate "Evaluate expression under cursor" and you'll me amazed.
If that's all what made you disappointed we are through now... ;-)
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ