Author Topic: Feature Request  (Read 4893 times)

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
Feature Request
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:48:43 pm »
Some kind of inside browser for viewing CHM HTML and other formats. Some kind of plug-in like in KDevelop "Documentation Viewer" it'll be very useful :)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 10:12:43 pm »
Some kind of inside browser for viewing CHM HTML and other formats. Some kind of plug-in like in KDevelop "Documentation Viewer" it'll be very useful :)
...are you aware of the help plugin?
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 10:18:12 pm »
I know about it but i want to use these manual inside codeblocks in tabs, not to open other program to view it ;)
For that i said
Some kind of plug-in like in KDevelop "Documentation Viewer"
you know about it right

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 12:00:18 am »
Sounds like a request related to this 'research'.

The biggest problem is that there is not native support to do that, and it'd require it to be cross-platform so it would become a real benefit for everyone.

Of course, if you find something useful you could point me there or even provide the patch for it :D

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 01:27:40 am »
Can't this be solved when wxAUI gets updated?  The latest wxPython (2.7.x) has a version of wxAUI that has tearable tabs (which look just like wxFlatNotebook).  This means we don't have to make the silly distinction between tabs and dockable windows, so we can get an interface like Eclipse.  I don't care if you don't like eclipse it has one of the most flexible interfaces I have seen (doesn't count any of the confusing dialogs though).  Any window can go anywhere and with a short double click it can become the main focus of screen.

takeshimiya

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 02:16:04 am »
Can't this be solved when wxAUI gets updated?  The latest wxPython (2.7.x) has a version of wxAUI that has tearable tabs (which look just like wxFlatNotebook).  This means we don't have to make the silly distinction between tabs and dockable windows, so we can get an interface like Eclipse. 
that was exactly what I proposed here, but

Like we have now disabled dragging tabs around (except within the same notebook), we 'll probably disable any such exotic functionality in the future (regarding the editor and message tabs, at least). And this is just because such functionality doesn't fit C::B's design point of view. And if you 're wondering why not, then simply think that wxFNB (and wxAUI for that matter) reparent the controls when dragging and dropping. This is correct behaviour from their point of view, but not in the C::B context and the way it manages its resources (at least for now)...
Decide by yourself if that's an exotic functionality or not,

I don't care if you don't like eclipse it has one of the most flexible interfaces I have seen (doesn't count any of the confusing dialogs though).  Any window can go anywhere and with a short double click it can become the main focus of screen.
I don't like Eclipse, but that is one of the things they got right (trough it was taken from VS2005?). :P

Anyways, this is not much related to the feature request PsYhLo is asking for, which is like Ceniza said, related to this.

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 03:07:13 am »
Sorry, I was under the impression that it was a plugin but created its own window.