Author Topic: The 'Look' of Folding  (Read 3226 times)

thomas.gilray

The 'Look' of Folding
« on: November 10, 2006, 03:21:40 am »
I have been using C::B for almost a year now, and its just great!

However, recently i have become interested in actually using the folding option. Ill just be blunt, its really ugly. I was wondering firstly why the first open-curly is not folded but the end-curly is folded?

Second, i have seen several other environments which will display a nice .5"x4" light colored box in place of the code such as SharpDevelop and i think visual studio does that too.... I cant focus on my code when my code is covered in dosens of bright hard long horizontal lines. I have looked through the editor settings and searched online, but i cant find a way to fix this. Does anyone know of any way with settings or with plugins or anything short of recompiling code::blocks that the folding option could be made less of an eyesore.

C::B is the greatest environment i have ever used otherwise. It is simple, but has everything i would need, and is intuitive and easy to navigate. It took me like 1 hour at most to switch over. A very clean and organized way to write programs so, if one of the CB authors reads this, thanks!

-Thomas

Offline jpaterso

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 'Look' of Folding
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 01:44:11 am »
Yeah you have a valid point.
Would it be hard to either:
   + Show both braces, or
   + Show both braces on the same line as the start of the block? (like function foo() { ... } )?

Cheers,

Joseph.

thomas.gilray

Re: The 'Look' of Folding
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 09:30:39 am »
Yeah,

But personally the most anoying thing is the horizontal line. It would be great if:

void function func()
{
     code;
     code;
     code;
     code;
}

would fold to

void function func()
{
     [ code; ... ... code; ]
}

like a box or something...

the

void function func()
{

is just a really annoying way of folding a function!

-Thomas