Author Topic: wxSmith  (Read 5298 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
wxSmith
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:41:02 am »
Build: 3126; OS: WinXP; compiler: gcc 3.4.5

Great job.  I love it. I makes developing with wxWidgets worlds easier.  I think I have discovered a bug.

1. Start with a dialog that has elements in it.  I tested this with contained elements.
   2. Select on of the contained elements--like a text box in a sizer.
   3. Delete the selected item with the X button.  (Does the delete key work in more recent versions).
   4. Here is the poblem.  The resources tree moves the selection to the parent, in this case the sizer

• nothing is selected with the dialog control.
  • you cannot select a control using the tree until you select a control in the mocked-up dialog box

I have been able to repeat this every time.  Basically, it seems like the mock-up & the control tree are no longer in synch with each other.  I don't know why you can't just select another control from the tree though.

Also, I have a couple of requests.  The first wish (& more important in my opinion) is for information on the control size & position to be displayed somewhere (like the quick properties)--even when the size &/or position are -1; -1.  The important part is when the size &/or position (x &/or y)is -1 that the actual size be displayed.  For example, if the size ends up being 20, 30 when it is set to -1; -1, the display in the quick properties would be 20, 30.  This makes it easier when trying to make a dialog look "pretty", and match up multiple sizing.

Second, Is it possible to get, sometime in the future (not necessarily the near future), the ability to line up and/or size multiple controls the same based on a button click?  Again, this is just a distant wish.  The first would be make things easier in the short term.

I just wanted to say it again.  Great job!  Thank you.
jmccay
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 03:43:07 am by jmccay »

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: wxSmith
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 09:02:41 pm »
Thx for info :)

Currently I'm working on totaly new version of wxSmith (redesigned, better I hope). And hopefully it will remove many bugs (f.ex. system of updating informations like position in your example has been totally rewritten and every data should be up to date now). But I don't know exactly when new version will be ready to use (currently it's totally unusable) and I cannot grant to fix bugs in old version (currently included in nightlies).

Regards
   BYO

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Re: wxSmith
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 03:04:39 am »
Ok.  Cool.  I look forward to seeing the new version when it's ready.  I like the one in the nightly builds, so if the new one is better, it should be great.
jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.