Author Topic: defining your own variables  (Read 4808 times)

Offline DoMeN

• Multiple posting newcomer
defining your own variables
« on: November 04, 2006, 02:02:48 am »
Is it possible to define your own variabls in code::blocks that vould be used in Tools and that would have to be defined in every project with a different string?
Something like: $(VAR) = /path/path
Tools: parameters: $(VAR)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: defining your own variables
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 02:17:36 am »
Yes, under the second tab counting from the right, both in build options and compiler options.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline DoMeN

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 02:30:08 am »
If you meen Settings->Compiler and debuger->Costum variables?
If I add a variable in there then when I press the button Ok in "Compiler and debuger settings" form than code::blocks terminates :(

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 04:02:40 am »
If you meen Settings->Compiler and debuger->Costum variables?
If I add a variable in there then when I press the button Ok in "Compiler and debuger settings" form than code::blocks terminates :(

Works for me: Version 1.0 revision 3139 (2006-10-24 08:52:45)   gcc 3.4.4 Windows/unicode

Would you please mention in your messages the full CodeBlocks version you're using and the system you're running.
You can find this info in the menu item Help/About/Information. Or, with a double click, copy the "Start Here" page "Version" banner to the clipboard.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 04:05:40 am by Pecan »

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 04:04:55 am »
What is the name of the custom variables? You may be picking one that causes it to crash. Also, what is the value?

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline DoMeN

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 08:17:36 am »
Would you please mention in your messages the full CodeBlocks version you're using and the system you're running.
I have code::blocks 1.0 rev. 2836 (2006-08-11) Linux/unicode and am using Linux Fedora Core 5.

What is the name of the custom variables?
It crashes for every variable name and every directory path.

Do you know if it is possible to get a newer version of c::b for FC5? I tried to compile a night build a while ago but I was unsuccessful so I'd need a version that is alredy  built for FC5.

If I trie to install a RPM with command "rpm -Uvh name_of_the_night_build_file" all I get are this three errors:
error: open of <!DOCTYPE failed: No such file or directory
error: open of HTML failed: No such file or directory
error: open of PUBLIC failed: No such file or directory
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 08:45:15 am by DoMeN »

Offline DoMeN

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 12:02:42 pm »
It works now but no one wrote that I should write variable name without $( ). When I write key without this it works fine but with $ it crashes the c::b  :? Maby I overlooked this somewhere but I think that this should also be writen in the menu. Tnx for your help  :D