Author Topic: IRC channel?  (Read 4677 times)

scorpion007

IRC channel?
« on: November 03, 2006, 06:26:14 am »
Is there an IRC channel for this project? If not, then i think making one might be useful for the community.
There already exists a channel #codeblocks on freenode, but it is unofficial (which is no problem) but it is always very empty (1 or 2 users). It'd be nice if more people were aware of it so they could discuss issues in real time.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: IRC channel?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 01:44:30 am »
Actually that IRC channel was announced here and it has always been like that: "very empty".

I doubt an extra channel would do any difference.

Offline Phatency

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 02:22:41 am »
Actually that IRC channel was announced here and it has always been like that: "very empty".

I doubt an extra channel would do any difference.

It might have something to do with the fact that people don't know about it's existence? I atleast didn't, and I've been using codeblocks almost a year, and browsing the forums pretty often.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 05:46:20 am »
Maybe IRC plugin in code::blocks would help here :lol:

But maybe IRC it's really not much needed now. Since we've got forum, replies are almost as fast as in real-time chat

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 07:36:41 am »
Heh, the IRC plugin idea is also around in the forums and it was heavily rejected :D

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 09:09:23 am »
Heh, the IRC plugin idea is also around in the forums and it was heavily rejected :D

Looks like IRC channel is going to be rather dead till there's no good reason to use it :(

Offline Phatency

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 10:28:11 pm »
We already have BYO Games, how much more useless could it be? (No offense really, I've played C::B-Tris for hours, mainly because I were without internet a few days with freshly formatted laptop with only C::B ;P By the way, it's pretty much impossible at level 9, because the blocks tend to move faster to the bottom than you can move them sideways. (my laptop actually slowed it down a bit, but on my main computer it's close to impossible :/) )

edit:
Oh, and about the useless plugins... I made a small RPG-plugin for foobar2k (audio player) (dont ask why, it just struct me as a perfect idea).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:29:56 pm by Phatency »