Author Topic: Staring a new QT4 project (QT4 wizard)  (Read 7617 times)

strycore

Staring a new QT4 project (QT4 wizard)
« on: October 30, 2006, 03:47:40 pm »
I'm starting developing in QT and i just tried Code::Blocks which seems great. Although I have a problem when I start a new QT4 project:
After asking for the project's location it asks for QT4's location. I tried with /usr/include , /usr/include/qt4 and /usr/lib/qt4 but none of these work.
Seems weird to me because it should be able to find the includes ...

Any info about that ?

Edit :
Btw I'm using Code::Blocks SVN of 10/29/2006 , QT4.2 and Ubuntu Edgy Eft
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 03:49:26 pm by strycore »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Staring a new QT4 project (QT4 wizard)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 04:03:24 pm »
/usr/include/qt4 and /usr/lib/qt4
Could you send a list of what files are in there? Please ZIP it if it gets too large (which I assume). Oh - and make sure you list the files in there recursively.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

manooh

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 09:57:31 am »
hi there,

I am struggling with using the qt4 wizard as well. Also working on Linux (Kubuntu 6.06, CB_20061107_rev3190).

I tried setting up qt in the global variables editor with
base: /usr/share/qt4

Then the qt4 project wizard says it can't find the lib directory, so I tried stating /usr/lib/qt4, but then I get the message:
The path you entered seems valid, but this wizard can't locate the following Qt's library file: QtCore4 in it.
(Also tried prepending lib and appending .a and .lib).

the /usr/lib/qt4 only has a plugins directory in it by the way..

I couldn't locate the QtCore4-thingy that Code::Blocks is searching for, but I've seen that qt libs seem to be in the /usr/lib directory.
Code
manu@manu-desktop:/usr/lib$ ls *libQt* 
libQt3Support_debug.la                  libQtDesigner.so.4.1         libQtSql.la
libQt3Support_debug.prl                 libQtDesigner.so.4.1.2       libQtSql.prl
libQt3Support_debug.so                  libQtGui_debug.la            libQtSql.so
libQt3Support_debug.so.4                libQtGui_debug.prl           libQtSql.so.4
libQt3Support_debug.so.4.1              libQtGui_debug.so            libQtSql.so.4.1
libQt3Support_debug.so.4.1.2            libQtGui_debug.so.4          libQtSql.so.4.1.2
libQt3Support.la                        libQtGui_debug.so.4.1        libQtSvg_debug.la
libQt3Support.prl                       libQtGui_debug.so.4.1.2      libQtSvg_debug.prl
libQt3Support.so                        libQtGui.la                  libQtSvg_debug.so
libQt3Support.so.4                      libQtGui.prl                 libQtSvg_debug.so.4
libQt3Support.so.4.1                    libQtGui.so                  libQtSvg_debug.so.4.1
libQt3Support.so.4.1.2                  libQtGui.so.4                libQtSvg_debug.so.4.1.2
libQtAssistantClient_debug.prl          libQtGui.so.4.1              libQtSvg.la
libQtAssistantClient.prl                libQtGui.so.4.1.2            libQtSvg.prl
libQtCore_debug.la                      libQtNetwork_debug.la        libQtSvg.so
libQtCore_debug.prl                     libQtNetwork_debug.prl       libQtSvg.so.4
libQtCore_debug.so                      libQtNetwork_debug.so        libQtSvg.so.4.1
libQtCore_debug.so.4                    libQtNetwork_debug.so.4      libQtSvg.so.4.1.2
libQtCore_debug.so.4.1                  libQtNetwork_debug.so.4.1    libQtTest_debug.la
libQtCore_debug.so.4.1.2                libQtNetwork_debug.so.4.1.2  libQtTest_debug.prl
libQtCore.la                            libQtNetwork.la              libQtTest_debug.so
libQtCore.prl                           libQtNetwork.prl             libQtTest_debug.so.4
libQtCore.so                            libQtNetwork.so              libQtTest_debug.so.4.1
libQtCore.so.4                          libQtNetwork.so.4            libQtTest_debug.so.4.1.2
libQtCore.so.4.1                        libQtNetwork.so.4.1          libQtTest.la
libQtCore.so.4.1.2                      libQtNetwork.so.4.1.2        libQtTest.prl
libQtDesignerComponents_debug.prl       libQtOpenGL_debug.la         libQtTest.so
libQtDesignerComponents_debug.so        libQtOpenGL_debug.prl        libQtTest.so.4
libQtDesignerComponents_debug.so.4      libQtOpenGL_debug.so         libQtTest.so.4.1
libQtDesignerComponents_debug.so.4.1    libQtOpenGL_debug.so.4       libQtTest.so.4.1.2
libQtDesignerComponents_debug.so.4.1.2  libQtOpenGL_debug.so.4.1     libQtUiTools_debug.prl
libQtDesignerComponents.prl             libQtOpenGL_debug.so.4.1.2   libQtUiTools.prl
libQtDesignerComponents.so              libQtOpenGL.la               libQtXml_debug.la
libQtDesignerComponents.so.4            libQtOpenGL.prl              libQtXml_debug.prl
libQtDesignerComponents.so.4.1          libQtOpenGL.so               libQtXml_debug.so
libQtDesignerComponents.so.4.1.2        libQtOpenGL.so.4             libQtXml_debug.so.4
libQtDesigner_debug.prl                 libQtOpenGL.so.4.1           libQtXml_debug.so.4.1
libQtDesigner_debug.so                  libQtOpenGL.so.4.1.2         libQtXml_debug.so.4.1.2
libQtDesigner_debug.so.4                libQtSql_debug.la            libQtXml.la
libQtDesigner_debug.so.4.1              libQtSql_debug.prl           libQtXml.prl
libQtDesigner_debug.so.4.1.2            libQtSql_debug.so            libQtXml.so
libQtDesigner.prl                       libQtSql_debug.so.4          libQtXml.so.4
libQtDesigner.so                        libQtSql_debug.so.4.1        libQtXml.so.4.1
libQtDesigner.so.4                      libQtSql_debug.so.4.1.2      libQtXml.so.4.1.2

.. but stating the /usr/lib directory produces the same error message as /usr/lib/qt4 ..
don't know what to do now. do I have to specify file names instead of a directory?

does anyone have a suggestion?
thanks in advance :-)

manu

manooh

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 03:03:51 pm »
I found another thread (http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3636.0) saying that I need the directory with the libQtCore4.a file in it.
Well, I don't have this file on my machine..

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 03:48:31 pm »
Wait a second... The issue is different: This is in fact a bug in the QT project wizard. It is based on the windows version of QT where the library is called like that. This should be fixed in the wizard, though. AFAIK there is a patch for this in the patch tracker at berlios...
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

manooh

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 04:36:33 pm »
Thanks for your help, Morten!

Hmm.. do you maybe know where this patch would be?
I couldn't find any qt-related bug report/patch on BerliOS..

.. just want to make sure that I'm not reporting anything redundantly there ..

Cheers,
manu

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 04:45:55 pm »
Hmm.. do you maybe know where this patch would be?
Nope - a search didn't produce anything meaningful for me, too.
Maybe it was in the forums? I could swear I read about that somewhere in the past. Anyway - I guess it's clear what to do in the wizard: We have to add different libs according to the platform (and QT version). That should be really easy - I just currently have no time for this.
With regards, Morten.

manooh

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 04:55:25 pm »
Hmm.. well, I'll submit a bug then - seems to be more straightforward than searching various forums :-)
Thanks again!

Offline dk

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Code::Blocks for ALT Linux Sisyphus
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 09:39:25 pm »
May be, this discussion can help you?
Denis Kirienko
C::B maintainer for ALT Linux distribution (http://www.sisyphus.ru/srpm/codeblocks)