Author Topic: The 25 october 2006 build is out.  (Read 44651 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: The 25 october 2006 build is out.
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 09:28:42 pm »
Quote from: ramguru
Guess if I'm going to use this IDE again
you failed to implement correctly.
don't respect this project anymore!
MortenMacFly, you need more technical knowledge

After posting such reply you really look like one [idiot] ...no offence

All of the above quotes are from this same topic, in just one day: today. The same day you registered here.
Did you come here just to troll?
Do you really think you 're getting anyone's respect here with this attitude?
Do you think you have the right to come here and insult us like this?
No mate, you are not granted such a right. If you don't like our project, fine. Leave and never come back. If you do like it, stay and give constructive criticism, not insults.

The community here has always been helpful and kind. If you can't go along with this, then you 're not welcomed here.

Just one more post from you with such an attitude towards the dev team, and you will be banned. Whether you like it or not.
Note that you 're the very first person I have to tell this after three years of running this project. This should give you a hint...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

ramguru

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 09:49:15 pm »
Congratulation for efficiently faking my post (last quote) that's now almost worth ban...isn't that what you want, ban everyone saying TRUTH loudly. YOU (CB team) neither was helpful nor willing to solve the problem. I hope these students (BCCISProf are talking about) are ready to loose their intellectual property...

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 09:51:48 pm »
..., you need more technical knowledge - any compiler CAN read UTF-8, because it's almost ANSI!!!!!!!!

You do know that UTF-8 is NOT ANSI, I think it is a ISO/IEC standard and a standard Internet protocol; and it is coincident with ASCII (7 bit ASCII, note there is NO 8 bit ASCII standard to my knowledge.).

Edit: While ASCII is valid UTF-8; UTF-8 is not always valid ASCII. An alias for ASCII is ANSI_X3.4-1968, but I think you meant to use ASCII which is a standard instead of ANSI which is a group that sets standards.

Tim S
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 09:59:07 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 09:58:47 pm »
YOU (CB team) neither was helpful nor willing to solve the problem.

Helpful or willing for what? This?

Guess if I'm going to use this IDE again

In case you haven't noticed, this is an open-source project. We work on it on our own spare time and give it out for free. We don't want you to pay us money or anything. Actually we want nothing in return. A little respect is all we need, nothing else. You failed to provide it in your very first post (and all the rest too).

When encountering a bug, your options are (a) fix it yourself or (b) provide info to the developers so that they can take a look and fix it when they can. You 've failed to do both...

Congratulation for efficiently faking my post (last quote)

So, explain it to me then because I see you have put the word "idiots" in bold (where I didn't in my original post), making it to stand out.

Thanks for helping us (idiots) out then.
Oh, and thanks for your kind words...

Bye-bye now and go have fun elsewhere.
After posting such reply you really look like one...no offence

And please be precise on what exactly I look like. And I reserve my right to be offended.

I hope these students (BCCISProf are talking about) are ready to loose their intellectual property...

LOL! Where did this come from? :lol:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 10:00:38 pm by mandrav »
Be patient!

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 10:01:09 pm »
Congratulation for efficiently faking my post (last quote) that's now almost worth ban...isn't that what you want, ban everyone saying TRUTH loudly. YOU (CB team) neither was helpful nor willing to solve the problem. I hope these students (BCCISProf are talking about) are ready to loose their intellectual property...

man, stop bitching. There are some encoding problems. They are not solved yet, we do hope to solve them, that's just common sense. Not much is explained, some things are somewhere in this forum about this specific problem.  We don't have a manual *yet*, so we can't explain or warn users *yet*. This project is in development, it is not finished. You don't need to use our nightlies or build it yourself. Just wait till the product is finished if you want full security. If you don't want the security you are invited to have a peek on what's coming and helping out on this wonderful project. Then just analyze what went wrong, provide constructive feedback and the day we are going to tackle that issue and hopefully fix it, then we can use your valuable feedback.
Now we are just loosing everyone's time : ours, yours, the community reading this kind of "shit flames".

So I politely ask you : help and grow with us, but don't be afraid to get burned from time to time (every commit of code might be a risk) or get out, find another IDE which suits best your requirements and bully someone else. Take it or leave it.

Offline rjmyst3

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • wxFormBuilder
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 10:11:29 pm »
In the meantime, perhaps when the wxWidgets encoding conversion routines return an empty string it could be caught and a warning could be shown to the user, such that the file is not lost.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 10:25:04 pm »
I think the right solution is most likely to set the default at the time of installation by asking the user. But, to me this is NOT a major issue. It is also NOT an issue to be decided at this time. I think it is an issue that should be decided before the final release candidate is done. And, it might make sense for each OS to have a different default if the user does NOT pick something.  I have already voted for an UTF-8 default, but I have no idea of the down side of that default. I have set my CB to UTF-8 today to see what happens. But, I really don't use it enough to be a good test case of whether it is a valid choice.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 10:29:27 pm »
I think for compilers etc, we will see, by trying it out, like you do.
I do think we should avoid to have a BOM in there.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 10:42:15 pm »
And, it might make sense for each OS to have a different default if the user does NOT pick something.

You should be aware that C::B is not setting any defaults. Instead, the current system encoding is set as default. If your operating system is badly configured, then C::B's "default" encoding will be badly configured too.
Be patient!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 11:15:35 pm »
Revision 3148 will take care of this issue in an appropriate way.
<sarcasm>Thanks for the patch, ramguru.</sarcasm> :lol: :lol:
In the meantime, perhaps when the wxWidgets encoding conversion routines return an empty string it could be caught and a warning could be shown to the user, such that the file is not lost.
rjmyst3: Thanks for being productive.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 11:22:54 pm »
good job Morton,

now Mr ramguru, since you know what to type to reproduce the bug, could you also try out the patch to see if works and warns you that things are gonna go bogus, and then try out to change the encoding and try to save again.

Patiently awaiting your test report. Many thanks in advance.

Note : after your raging bull (shit) there's already some effort on it within a few hours.

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 01:26:13 am »
Note : after your raging bull (shit) there's already some effort on it within a few hours.

I think that should read "even after", not "after".  I think its a good display that even after some harsh words were said the issue still got patched, desipite that attitude of the user.

This is an alpha product, with no warranty, made by volunteers, and released for free.  In my book you can't bitch to much about a project no working when it doesn't have these things.

A final word on UTF-8 and ASCII:  Files and strings which contain only 7-bit ASCII characters have the same encoding under both ASCII and UTF-8.  So any ASCII encoded file can automatically be read as a UTF-8 file.  Paraphrased from here.

Offline Jewe

• Fit Trainer
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 01:19:15 pm »
This must be the longest post in the nightly build part...
and with only so few problem and a lot of fighting....
I do not mind but the result is... no nightly for the 26st...

cheers,

Jewe

btw, love using C::B
Anything curved in the hardware can be straighten with software :D
Compiler: mingw IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly WX: 2.8.0

Offline branleb

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 04:59:04 pm »
I do think we should avoid to have a BOM in there.
I think that too, because the compiler will report an error if he don't
understands Unicode/UTF-8 and a BOM character is present.

But does really NO compilers supports Unicode?
if that's true (I believe you tell the truth), that's a poor situation.

For the encoding-detector:

how would you make a difference (and detect the encoding)
Code
0x13 0x65
could be interpreted as '\r'+'a' (= "\ra") or as the char U+1365

Shade37337->greetz();

Don't hate the Hacker. Hate the Code!

Offline Phatency

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 05:26:13 pm »
That's like stopping to use apache for http-server because in-development svn-version crashed, after you tried to mix some of it's sources with some older ones.
Lol, that's a quote I'll have to remember  :D
Thought I deleted that post, as I realized the reason he stopped using cb was because of the 0-byte file, not the old CBProfiler :e