Author Topic: Code completion using LSP and clangd  (Read 174868 times)

Offline kakas

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • potatoes are tasty(not the raw ones)
Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Reply #420 on: April 20, 2024, 09:02:48 pm »
After testing and tracing clangd_client and the miniAudio source I believe it will not be possible to pass that 4meg miniAudio.h file to clangd.

I have a relatively fast system, but clangd never finished parsing the header file before it crashed attempting to create a response file which would have been many times the size of the source file (about 24meg or more) after it formatted a response containing line/col/symbol/diagnostics/fix suggestions, etc.
If it didn't give out of memory, it sure would have caused Clangd_client to.

That header file will have to be broken up into multiple headers in order for clangd to handle it.

Note from opinionated self: I really do not consider creating a 4meg header file as acceptable software design. It's just going to create grief for anyone using it. If not now, certainly in the future.
yea that makes sense I guess. I think I'll have to break the miniaudio.h in like miniaudio1.h miniaudio2.h miniaudio3.h... for the plugin to not crash, no?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Reply #421 on: April 20, 2024, 10:39:08 pm »
After testing and tracing clangd_client and the miniAudio source I believe it will not be possible to pass that 4meg miniAudio.h file to clangd.

I have a relatively fast system, but clangd never finished parsing the header file before it crashed attempting to create a response file which would have been many times the size of the source file (about 24meg or more) after it formatted a response containing line/col/symbol/diagnostics/fix suggestions, etc.
If it didn't give out of memory, it sure would have caused Clangd_client to.

That header file will have to be broken up into multiple headers in order for clangd to handle it.

Note from opinionated self: I really do not consider creating a 4meg header file as acceptable software design. It's just going to create grief for anyone using it. If not now, certainly in the future.
yea that makes sense I guess. I think I'll have to break the miniaudio.h in like miniaudio1.h miniaudio2.h miniaudio3.h... for the plugin to not crash, no?

Yes, breaking up that huge header into multiple headers should do the trick.