Author Topic: C::B doesn't find headers... or find partially  (Read 3882 times)

greyWiz

C::B doesn't find headers... or find partially
« on: October 21, 2006, 06:08:57 pm »
Hi, I'm creating an application using the latest version of DirectX SDK, but Code::Blocks is acting quite weird regarding headers...

Here's a message I receive when I try to compile it:

D:\GameDev\DirectX9\Include\d3dx9math.h:803: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `D3DVIEWPORT9' with no type

D3DVIEWPORT9 is declared inside the file 'd3d9types.h', which lies in the same folder as d3dx9math.h. Here's the complete path from d3dx9math.h to d3d9types.h:

d3dx9math.h includes d3dx9.h, which includes d3d9.h, which includes d3d9types.h

If I follow this path right clicking over the #include statements and using the "Open #include file: 'xxxxx.h'" command, I can reach the file d3d9types.h. But if I right-click over D3DVIEWPORT9 and use the command "Find declaration of: 'D3DVIEWPORT9'", I receive the message 'Not found: D3DVIEWPORT9'.

The folder 'D:\GameDev\DirectX9\Include' is correctly included in Settings->Compiler and Debugger->Directories.

Now, there's another thing more disturbing than that: inside this same file (d3dx9math.h) there are lots of FLOATs and UINTs; if I try to find the declaration of the FLOAT type, it's found correctly inside windef.h; but, if I try to find the declaration of the UINT type, I receive the 'Not found' message! How's it possible, if both FLOAT and UINT are declared inside windef.h?!  :shock:

What am I doing wrong?

Oh, by the way, I'm using the October 10 build and the latest version of MingW.

Thanks in advance,
Edgard

greyWiz

Re: C::B doesn't find headers... or find partially
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 06:42:01 pm »
Hi, just to report: I updated to the 21 october build, and the problem still persists.

Best regards,
Edgard