Author Topic: Highlighting and compiling  (Read 4721 times)

Pie_Sniper

Highlighting and compiling
« on: October 16, 2006, 05:00:33 am »
I just got Code::Blocks today, after having used Dev-C++ for 3 years next month, and I'm setting it up to my liking.

For some reason it doesn't highlight my code.  It was doing it for a while earlier, but then it quit after I restarted it.  And once I have that working, one thing I don't like is highlighting matching braces, and I was wondering if it was possible to disable this feature? I'd simply set it to the operator color, but then it looks strange when I'm typing in preprocessor directives.

If I create a project and click "Build", nothing happens, and no executable is generated, and if I click "Run", it says the project is not built.  It then proceeds to ask me if I would like to build it, so I tell it to do that, and nothing happens.  Is there anything I need to set up for it to compile?

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
Re: Highlighting and compiling
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 05:38:54 am »
Have you followed the instructions here?  Please show the full command line output of you compilation (Its in Settings->Compiler and Debugger).

Pie_Sniper

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 02:42:25 am »
Okay, I've been a bit busy, but here I am.  I was using one of the RC builds but when I switched to a Nightly Build it began working correctly.  And it doesn't really matter about brace highlighting anymore, since it apparently doesn't highlight angle brackets now.

By the way, can I have it simply run the EXE rather than cb_console_runner?

sethjackson

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 02:48:48 am »
Okay, I've been a bit busy, but here I am.  I was using one of the RC builds but when I switched to a Nightly Build it began working correctly.  And it doesn't really matter about brace highlighting anymore, since it apparently doesn't highlight angle brackets now.

By the way, can I have it simply run the EXE rather than cb_console_runner?

Yes.  Project -> Properties -> Targets -> Pause after execution (something like that).

DonSixto

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 03:00:33 am »
Project | Properties | Targets | Type --> GUI application
You must have the type Console application, that's why.

Regards

Pie_Sniper

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 02:12:15 am »
All right, thanks alot. :)