Author Topic: The 12 october 2006 build is out.  (Read 50281 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 12 october 2006 build is out.
« on: October 12, 2006, 06:39:19 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 12 October 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20061012_rev3079_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20061012_rev3079_Ubuntu6.06.deb (not yet)
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20061012_rev3079_suse100+101.rpm (not yet)

Resolved Fixed:

• File->Print uses correct settings from printer dialog (paper size & orientaion)
      "print line numbers" setting from print dialog is stored in config file

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: The 12 october 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:06:06 pm »
I just found a minor glitch in the new wxFlatNotebook :)

Microsoft (tm) VisualStudio style and tabs at bottom. The background of the active tab is right, but the line border is wrong. It's even more evident with the messages dock.

Anyone familiar with wxFlatNotebook's code? :wink:

takeshimiya

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:45:05 pm »
I just found a minor glitch in the new wxFlatNotebook :)

Microsoft (tm) VisualStudio style and tabs at bottom. The background of the active tab is right, but the line border is wrong. It's even more evident with the messages dock.

Anyone familiar with wxFlatNotebook's code? :wink:
Eran :P

Kreso

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 08:52:36 pm »
I got a problem with the debugger: when I have sources placed in actual folders, I can't set breakpoints, whilst when sources are in the same dir as the cbp file, everyhting works great.

in the first case, gdb says that the line XYZ in file src/src.cpp doesn't exist :?

I'm running Gentoo linux, using gdb6.4 from portage.

Offline eranif

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 09:57:34 pm »
Quote from: Ceniza

I didnt find anything wrong with bottom tabs and VS2005 style ( I guess you mean this style ) - can you post a picture? or email it to me?

I did however found 2 drawing bugs because of the move to renderers with wxFlatNotebook2:

- Try VS2003 (VS7.1) + bottom tabs
- Try Fancy Style + bottom tabs

both are fixed in CVS.

BTW, look here and see who intitated the insertion of wxFlatNotebook into C::B .... :wink:
http://wxforum.shadonet.com/viewtopic.php?t=5761&start=0 fourth post from top ...

Eran

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 10:54:47 pm »
This is how it looks when you open Code::Blocks with those settings

And this is is how it looks after switching tabs

After closer inspection (200% :P) the space for the tabs is also reduced and the icons and text drawn lower, which seems to be the real cause for it to happen.

Quote from: Eran
BTW, look here and see who intitated the insertion of wxFlatNotebook into C::B .... :wink:

What a coincidence, isn't it? :wink:

Offline eranif

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 11:14:23 pm »
Yes, this is the bug that I mentioned and is already fixed in CVS.

Try to use other styles (try the VC8 style) until the next minor release, which I will make shortly due to number of little, but annoying bugs that I already fixed.

Eran

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 12:01:29 am »
@Eran,

it seems you already have some fixes, and some other code juggling done in the meantime ;-)

do you have plans on a 2.1 in the near future ?

If that's near I'll wait, otherwise I'll manually update by retrieving from cvs.

kind regards,
Lieven

Offline Belgabor

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 01:43:12 am »
Try to use other styles (try the VC8 style) until the next minor release, which I will make shortly due to number of little, but annoying bugs that I already fixed.
I'd love to try VC8, but C::B doesn't allow me to choose that  :(

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 09:54:51 am »
@Eran,
it seems you already have some fixes, and some other code juggling done in the meantime ;-)
do you have plans on a 2.1 in the near future ?
If that's near I'll wait, otherwise I'll manually update by retrieving from cvs.
Better yet, can we maybe convince you to switch to Subversion? ;)
You know... Subversion is (mostly) a lot better than CVS.

In particular, if you used Subversion, we could simply put an externals definition onto the wxFlatNotebook directory which points to your "stable" branch, and we would never have to worry about updating anything any more. You can develop the same way as before, and whenever you deem your source tree "stable", you make a svn copy to "stable".
The updates will magically appear in every project using wxFNB.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 09:55:57 am »
good idea Thomas, but we have made a few changes to the code ...

Offline eranif

• Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 10:56:48 am »
I am up for it, I tried SVN (Takeshi convinced me for other project to use it) and I love it.
Any suggestion for a good repository place ?

Eran

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 11:23:22 am »
Any suggestion for a good repository place ?
Uh... the same place where it is now? ;)
I figure that Sourceforge offers Subversion access now. I have never tried it, but they said they do. So you would expect they have a "convert your repository" button somewhere in the admin section.
If they don't, you'll have to run one of those cvs2svn conversion tools yourself (there is half a dozen of them available on the internet). It is quite harmless, worked nicely for the Code::Blocks repository.
But of course, you can also use BerliOS :)

Yiannis: Which tool was it we used back then?

good idea Thomas, but we have made a few changes to the code ...
If everything works as it should, that should even be not a problem. In theory, Subversion should simply merge our changes. However, I only experienced lately that merging isn't always working nicely :lol:
What do we need to change anyway, shouldn't it work out-of-the box, too?
From what I see while quickly scanning over the patch, it mostly changes include paths, registers one additional key event (for whatever it's good?), and replaces an awful lot of seemingly identical lines (--> changed indentation from tab to spaces?).
Is there no way we could get this to work otherwise?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 12:13:17 pm »
Yiannis: Which tool was it we used back then?

Yes, some perl script to convert it. I did it at home and then uploaded the (new) svn repository to berlios. I believe sourceforge has a more streamlined conversion process though.

What do we need to change anyway, shouldn't it work out-of-the box, too?
From what I see while quickly scanning over the patch, it mostly changes include paths, registers one additional key event (for whatever it's good?), and replaces an awful lot of seemingly identical lines (--> changed indentation from tab to spaces?).

Our changes are not that simple ;).

For example, the latest patching I did in wxFNB was to move the EVT_PAGE_SELECTION_CHANGED and EVT_PAGE_SELECTION_CHANGING events to the SetSelection() function, instead of in the OnLeftDown(). The way it was, we were only informed about page selection changing only when the user used the mouse to change pages. But if you used Ctrl-Tab/Shift-Ctrl-Tab we never knew you changed the page, causing all kinds of side-effects for us...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 12:27:37 pm »
Our changes are not that simple ;).

For example, the latest patching I did in wxFNB was to move the EVT_PAGE_SELECTION_CHANGED and EVT_PAGE_SELECTION_CHANGING events to the SetSelection() function, instead of in the OnLeftDown(). The way it was, we were only informed about page selection changing only when the user used the mouse to change pages. But if you used Ctrl-Tab/Shift-Ctrl-Tab we never knew you changed the page, causing all kinds of side-effects for us...
But why is the rum gone!

I mean, this is a change that would better be placed in the *real* codebase, as those problems will affect any application, not just ours. I think Arto won't object to adopt changes that are obviously advantageous to everybody ;)

Are there any other major changes that we need besides that?