Author Topic: Debugger error message (Project/Target has no debugging info.....)  (Read 3883 times)

Kapellen421

I have CB RC2. I have -g checked yet I still get this error. Project Target has no debugging info Please change this in the projects build options and retry again.  I have no clue what to do. I could really use the help. Thanks

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: Debugger error message (Project/Target has no debugging info.....)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 03:11:26 am »
Uninstall RC2 and install a Nightly Build (check the forums for details) and be sure you have GDB 6.x instead of 5.x. That should do :wink:

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 03:16:29 am »
   //-- Nightly Builds
   http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?board=20.0

//-- Wiki Index
   http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Special:Allpages
        Search for "nightly"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 03:22:00 am by Pecan »

Kapellen421

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 09:03:03 pm »
I tried the daily release thing. But it was hard to follow so I just uninstalled and reinstalled CB and that worked.

P.S. THANKS ALOT FOR THE ADVICE :D :D :D

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 10:16:13 am »
While it is generally true that nightly builds have far better debugger support and gdb 6 is a lot better than gdb 5, the particular error "Project/Target has no debugging info" is likely not related to either.

You probably enabled "strip executable" by accident (maybe in the system-wide compiler options), so no matter whether or not you have -g in your project, the symbols will be stripped off as the last thing. Reinstalling will have cleared out the settings, so that'll be why it works now.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."