Author Topic: Info about lib finder  (Read 13483 times)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Info about lib finder
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 05:53:21 pm »
Sounds  like Takeshi Miya's pkg-config plugin.  It already maintains the database for you.

But will it work with compilers other than gcc (it seems that many people use VCC or digital mars with C::B)?

I don't understand why you are saying the the WX setup will not work, because it actually works...?1 (Maybe I have something pre-configured that makes it work?!).

Yop, it will work. I've made configuration compatible with project configuration used for WX long time ago. But it won't work when you want to set-up additional include dirs through CXXFLAGS (that's where LibFinder stores extra includes using -I flag). So using wx in project requires you to know how to exactly configure it inside C::B project. You can not simply ise .include for include dir, .lib for lib dir ad .cflags .lflags for other thing to make project running. And I guess that people will require some other libraries usable in C::B - giving one unique configuration scheme for any library would be better than different schemes for different libraries.

BYO

takeshimiya

Re: Info about lib finder
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 06:16:34 pm »
Sounds  like Takeshi Miya's pkg-config plugin.  It already maintains the database for you.
But will it work with compilers other than gcc (it seems that many people use VCC or digital mars with C::B)?
pkg-config too :wink: