Author Topic: c::b 's bug! how to solve it!  (Read 7955 times)

Offline 80sky

• Multiple posting newcomer
c::b 's bug! how to solve it!
« on: October 07, 2006, 09:50:57 am »
   I set a  simple wxWidgets projiect, comiling has no problem.but running it had happened.it lack of wxmsw26ud_gcc_custom.dll, I have  to copy this dll to debug ,it can run.  it's so trouble. who  has a good way to solve this problem, thanks a  lot. Maybe C::B's setting has problems ,I don't know ,I hope to find the key.

I really watch the DOC about C::b @ wxWidgets . anyone know  it, please tell me!

good time with you !

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: c::b 's bug! how to solve it!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 01:04:26 pm »
On a different note, I would appreciate if you could stop starting threads like "c::b 's bug! how to solve it!" or your similar thread on the same issue yesterday (with all text in bold face and red colour), when in fact there is not a problem or bug in Code::Blocks at all, but you simply fail to understand how dynamic libraries work.

Not knowing something is not a shame. None of us is omniscient, each of us will find something he does not know every day, and we all need to learn for our entire lives.

However, calling the topic "c::b's bug!" after hammering the forum with a thread on the same issue the other day doesn't go down too well, even more so as Morten MacFly already gave you an answer to this problem yesterday.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline 80sky

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 05:39:12 am »
On a different note, I would appreciate if you could stop starting threads like "c::b 's bug! how to solve it!" or your similar thread on the same issue yesterday (with all text in bold face and red colour), when in fact there is not a problem or bug in Code::Blocks at all, but you simply fail to understand how dynamic libraries work.

Not knowing something is not a shame. None of us is omniscient, each of us will find something he does not know every day, and we all need to learn for our entire lives.

However, calling the topic "c::b's bug!" after hammering the forum with a thread on the same issue the other day doesn't go down too well, even more so as Morten MacFly already gave you an answer to this problem yesterday.

according to what you said, I know .  I can solve it as Morten MacFly . you  don't understand me. This way, I  feel trouble.

you know the wxmsw26ud_gcc_custom.dll's size is 34.3M .  I set simple project ,just I need this dll file. Don't you feel

strong?

Maybe I called it bug  is  my wrong.  but  first  I said "Maybe C::B's setting has problems ,I don't know. "   I want to know you

solve it as I do.  Don't have any good way?

just I want to know a better way  to  solve this problem.   

what  you  said  made me angry. 

I'm new comer, just learn from you . what I  said is wrong ,  it is normal, isn't it?

that's all  , I fell you are "so cultivation ".

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 09:52:11 am »
Thomas gave you a lot of good advises. I'm afraid you missed them. Please have a look here:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Windows#Building
This describes how to build the wxWidgets library from the sources in 2 ways: ANSI and Unicode. You have to understand that you can build the wxWidgets library in *many* ways, as there are (for example):
- unicode/ansi
- debug/release
- monolitic/seperated
- static/shared
- [...]
So you can build e.g. a ansi-debug-monolitic-static lib if you like.
What you have done (according to the filename "wxmsw26ud_gcc_custom.dll") is to create a unicode, debug, monolitic, shared library. This you have done because *you* advised the build process of wxWidgets to do so. Thus you set the parameters for make accordingly. If you follow the steps as described on the webpage above you will get a unicode, non-debug, monolitic, shared library. This will be a lot smaller because it has no debug code. The steps to do this are:
set path=c:\mingw\bin;c:\mingw\mingw32\bin
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1  clean
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1

...just s written  on the webpage.
Anyway: Again: To achive *your* goals you have to understand what you want for a library and how to compile it. We don't know because we don't know your goals. The links and advises Thomas gave you lead you into this direction. Please read them.
With regards, Morten.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 09:54:22 am by MortenMacFly »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline 80sky

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 04:03:04 pm »
I'm so sorry, I 'm excite. I don't understand what  Thomas said. thanks  a  lot!

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 07:51:37 pm »
what  you  said  made me angry. 

Before getting angry, you should have read the link I posted above.
Unless your DLL is a COM server, the DLL file must be placed in one of the directories listed in the PATH environment variable, or the default system directory, or in the same directory as the program using it. COM server DLLs are registered using regsvr32.exe, which places the DLL's location and its globally unique ID (GUID) in the registry. Programs can then use the DLL by looking up its GUID in the registry to find its location.

Offline 80sky

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 04:07:20 pm »
thanks a  lot! 

can you  help me to solve this  problem?

just  I register this  dll called wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll,  I'm failed.

info:  don't  find DllRegisterServer's entrance

I think it's because of  it has  no GUID,  isn't  it?  do you  know  how to solve it?

it needs to  be compiled again, doesn't  it?  but  how  to do  it?  I  really need   your  help
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 04:14:03 pm by 80sky »

bigbug

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 05:10:22 pm »
If You aren't afraid of the "DLL Hell", put the .dll file into the \Windows\system32 directory and You're done, else put it into the directory of your executable.

Offline 80sky

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 06:39:37 am »
I  have a try.  thanks!