Author Topic: Trouble building SVN checkout @ ./bootstrap  (Read 3649 times)

rob_c

Trouble building SVN checkout @ ./bootstrap
« on: November 02, 2006, 09:53:14 pm »
Hi all,

New to the forum but have used C::B in winXP before & liked it so I decided to give Code::Blocks a go on my Linux box.  I'm having difficulty compiling it. My distro is Slamd64 (64bit slackware)

Following these instructions [ http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Linux ] I have got this far:

1) wxWidgets installed
2) Checked out latest source from SVN
3) Attempted ./bootstrap ....

Got initial error requiring extra data from share/xxx to be added to aclocal.m4. Sorted that.

4) Tried ./bootstrap again...

Next errors were of the format 'aclocal:possibly undefined macro: AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG'
(That may not be the exact AM_xx phrase as I cannot repeat the error now.)

5) I searched the web n found that setting ACLOCAL_FLAGS evnironment variable solved this prob for the case I found so tried:
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/share/aclocal -I /usr/share/aclocal-1.9 --acdir=`wx-config --cflags` $ACLOCAL_FLAGS"

6) Now I no longer get the undefined macro errors. But I'm stuck with this:

bash-3.1$ pwd
/home/robin/Codeblocks/devel/trunk
bash-3.1$ ./bootstrap
aclocal: unrecognized option -- `-I/opt/wx/2.6/include/wx-2.6'

I've found that wx-config --clfags defines -I/opt/wx/2.6/include/wx-2.6 but why would it not be recognized? Possibly due to lack of space between the -I and /opt ? If so how do I fix this?

Hope someone can help me?

Thanks,
Rob

rob_c

Re: Trouble building SVN checkout @ ./bootstrap
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 10:49:08 pm »
Well, it appears I was a bit hasty. Some of the ACLOCAL_FLAGS options don't seem to be valid ( -D options) so removed them. then read the instructions further and saw that the ACLOCAL_FLAGS are actually set so did that. Now just get 'underquoted' warnings but it's now building  :)

Rob

rob_c

SVN checkout build success
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 11:01:09 pm »
Got a successful build. Initially could not find libcodeblocks.so.0 but once run ldconfig, all seems fine.

Rob

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 12:01:41 am »
Well... you have you own little thread going here. With success like that, glad we didn't get to interrupt you.

This info should be helpful for others.

rob_c

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 01:12:10 am »
Figured it I ranted on long enough I'd get there eventually and it'd turn into a common mistakes thread.  :)