Author Topic: Open Gl Help.  (Read 4108 times)

Madhatt3r

Open Gl Help.
« on: September 29, 2006, 07:56:35 am »
Okay I've been trying to start learning opengl for quite some time now. I've been trying to learn it from this book I bought that uses OpenGl and Glut. However though no matter what I try nothing will compile. I've google OpenGl and Compileing it a million times and have tried a couple of different things but the program always gives me errors. What I am asking for and I know this is a alot but will someone give me alittle help and get me started. Give me a list of maybe things I could be  doing wrong? I'm running Windows Xp I've installed the .libs and all the other stuff a couple of times and nothing. Please I know this is asking alot someone please give me alitte guide on how to install Code::Blocks with or add the correct files and what not to get openGL to compile..

Thanks.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Open Gl Help.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 08:14:35 am »
Please I know this is asking alot someone please give me alitte guide on how to install Code::Blocks with or add the correct files and what not to get openGL to compile..
There is not much to do: Install the MinGW compiler framework and the MinGW GLUT library. Then setup your project's include path and libs accordingly. BTW: Did you try the OpenGL / GLUT wizard that ships with C::B? They do this for you and should work right-out-off-the-box.
Anyway: What does the compiler complain? What are the errors? It's much easier to help if you post the compile log (see my sig).
With regards, Morten.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 07:51:18 pm by MortenMacFly »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Madhatt3r

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 05:00:31 am »
Ok everytime I compile I get this error no matter what..

Error:
Code
Switching to target: default
Compiling: main.cpp
In file included from main.cpp:1:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jase\Desktop\Source Code\Chapter01\Simple\glut.h:50: error: redeclaration of C++ built-in type `short'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

Part of code I am having trouble with:

Code
 typedef unsigned short wchar_t;

Offline bluekid

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • What is blue ? Blue is the invisible becoming visi
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 02:08:42 pm »
What is blue ? Blue is the invisible becoming visible.