Author Topic: libcodeblocks linking  (Read 5047 times)

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
libcodeblocks linking
« on: September 25, 2006, 12:02:58 am »
When I'm building Code::Blocks, it seems to prefer linking to $PREFIX/lib/libcodeblocks.dylib
(same thing as .so, but for the Mac) instead of using the local (new) version of the library ?

This causes the build to break, if there are any object differences (such as new functions etc.)
between the old / currently installed C::B version and the new C::B version that is being built.

Is this a known Makefile short-coming, or am I doing something wrong in my build ?  :?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: libcodeblocks linking
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 08:38:57 am »
That's why you should "make uninstall" before "make". I don't know what exactly is wrong with it. The makefiles link to the local libcodeblocks.so being built but for some reason the linker picks up the installed one.
If someone is proficient with autotools (specifycally libtool), please step forward :).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: libcodeblocks linking
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 09:56:19 am »
That's why you should "make uninstall" before "make".

I did, but that didn't give the Warm Fuzzy feeling :-)

I don't know what exactly is wrong with it. The makefiles link to the local libcodeblocks.so being built but for some reason the linker picks up the installed one.
If someone is proficient with autotools (specifycally libtool), please step forward :).

Just another bug then, not a problem...

I reported some other issues with the Makefile/config, namely that it doesn't find the templates if you build in a sub-directory (with "../configure") and that it creates the pre-compiled headers in the source directory instead of in the build directory, etc.

Didn't find any bug reports about it, so maybe I should list it all up in the Tracker ?
I'm not that good with autocrud myself, but if I figure it out I'll make sure to post it.