Author Topic: Regular Expressions  (Read 4037 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Regular Expressions
« on: March 16, 2006, 03:41:53 am »
   What flavor of regular expressions are used in the search & replace?  I want to know, and I plan on placing it somewhere on the wiki page for user convience.

jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Regular Expressions
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 08:41:50 am »
Look for wxRegEx in wx docs...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 07:01:28 pm »
Duh.  I should've thought of that.
jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:50:32 am »
thought i'd tack my question onto this old thread rather than start a new one.

according to the wxregex docs there is more than one "flavor" of regex. http://www.wxwindows.org/manuals/2.6.3/wx_wxresyn.html#resyntax

from my tinkering in the latest build it appears the ARE flavor (seemingly the most advanced) is not supported. For instance, I cannot search for whole words using the syntax

Code
\w+

am i doing something wrong here? if ARE is really not supported, would it be possible to add it. ARE is very convenient.

cheers

(BTW - this was my first download of a nightly snapshot. the improvements over the old RC2 is astonishing! you guys should have advertised it more heavily)